Preorder the Animal Muppet Replica

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Is it me or do we all feel the pupils are small and out of place?

I changed his shirt right away - I think I am going to put him in overalls and dress him like Alex Van Halen. I hate the pants so I am making some other stuff - jeans and whatnot. Colored his lids already but I may add more faux fur. He really needs a haircut - But I am happy with him. - He went right into the display case with Kermit.
No, I do not feel the pupils on mine are small and out of place, as I've said in the other thread, I think. Maybe I just got lucky with mine, but I'm not fiddling with his eyes.

I also don't think he needs a haircut, or hair gel as other people have done. My only complaint is that some of his moustache feathers are sticking straight out. I think I'm going to sew them down. It should only requie a stitch or two on each side. That way, once they have been like that for a while, I can snip the thread and they should stay on their own.

:stick_out_tongue:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I repositioned the hair and put the net back on his head to train the feathers in the direction they need to go in.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Whoo-ha-ah-ouch! I went to Master Replica's this morning, concidering buying Animal sometime after Christmas. With the rate of conversion so good at the moment, it's really not that steep of a price to pay for him. A big splash-art symbol beside him also offered "Free Shipping!" But upon entering my address ala UK, it stuck seriously steep postage fees on there. Is the Free Shipping only in the US? And/or what is a cheaper way of buying him?

Forbidden Planet had him listed quite resonably but they are sold out.

Any way to bring down that...ouch...postage which literally doubled the price?

markit

Reaction score
Hi Beauregard , I purchased my Animal from the Collector Zone, very reasonable price at £149 , and the postage was around £3, only took 4 days to arrive as well, they may still have some in stock, check them out or give them a call - www.thecollectorzone.com , order line - 0845 305 6000 , you won't be disappointed :smile:

Reevz1977

Reaction score
How come everyone states that they got Animal from the Collector Zone for £149, I placed my order as soon as Animal came up for pre-order and both of mine cost me £159 from the same place?:boo:

The Collector Zone are good though!:wink:

markit

Reaction score
Oops , my bad Reevz1977, you're right it was £159.99 , I just checked the receipt. I think I just tell my folks it was £150, I always do that with elaborate purchases, knock a few quid off so they don't think i'm blowing all my money on toys, (which of course I am) but they still thought I was at £150!

So it's £163.49 exactly after shipping, which, as I look at him now, seems pretty reasonable to welcome Animal into the family :wink:

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Oops , my bad Reevz1977, you're right it was £159.99 , I just checked the receipt. I think I just tell my folks it was £150, I always do that with elaborate purchases, knock a few quid off so they don't think i'm blowing all my money on toys, (which of course I am) but they still thought I was at £150!

So it's £163.49 exactly after shipping, which, as I look at him now, seems pretty reasonable to welcome Animal into the family
Oh thank god!

Although, your not the only person who said it was £149 though:confused:

At £159, it's still the cheapest I've found and the collector zone are really REALLY good and reliable! I highly recommended them to anyone in the UK for all the Muppets. They even let me pre-order Gonzo before they had him up for pre-order!:smile:

By the way, from the photos, you have an ABSOLUTELY amazing collection, I was wondering, does your misses give you as much grief as I get? My collection resides in my loft:stick_out_tongue:

Beauregard

Reaction score
That IS really good value! Although Animal seems to have dissapeared from their site now. I'll have to do another bargain hunt after Christmas when I'm sure I have money to throw out right away.

Wasn't trying to gripe about cost, by the way, was just inquireing.

markit

Reaction score
Hey , thanks Reevz1977 , i'm actually still living at home right now with the folks and they are amazingly patient, as i've managed to fill 2 lofts up and take over 2 bed rooms, I sense that patience is wearing thin tho so it won't be long before i'll be going through the same process when me & my girlfriend move in together, she's very patient too, but still pulls a whole manner of faces everytime I buy something new :wink:
Let's spare a thought for the partners that put up with us eh! I think she know's i'll never change, so it's best to not make me have to decide who stays, her or Kermit..DON'T MAKE ME CHOSE! :wink:

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Oh thank god!

Although, your not the only person who said it was £149 though:confused:

At £159, it's still the cheapest I've found and the collector zone are really REALLY good and reliable! I highly recommended them to anyone in the UK for all the Muppets. They even let me pre-order Gonzo before they had him up for pre-order!:smile:

By the way, from the photos, you have an ABSOLUTELY amazing collection, I was wondering, does your misses give you as much grief as I get? My collection resides in my loft:stick_out_tongue:
That was me who said it was £149! Thats what I paid for him, a tenner less for asking for discount as I said I was buying the whole line from them and telling others to get Muppets from them. If you dont ask you dont get! Still if I had paid £10 more thats still really cheap IMO.....I like many others have spent that on a night out.