"Muppet, Music & Magic" Events

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
The linked info mentions, "There are also plans for a smaller presentation at the George Eastman House in Rochester to follow."

Is that still in the plans?
Yeah, I looked into it: here is basically what is planned for that event:

The Muppet Movie
- Sunday, November 26, 2:00pm

The Great Muppet Caper (with Time Piece as a short before the movie)
- Sunday, December 3, 2:00pm

The Muppets Take Manhattan
- Sunday, December 10, 2:00pm and 7:00pm

The Dark Crystal
- Sunday, December 17, 2:00pm and 7:00pm

The Muppet Christmas Carol
- Saturday, December 23, 5:00pm

So we gain MCC, but we lose like 85% of the other screenings. Then again, this is still months away, so maybe they'll be more, but I'm not getting my hopes up considering this is a smaller presentation.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The screenings sound like a great line up, too bad I probably can't go. :smile:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
The screenings sound like a great line up, too bad I probably can't go. :smile:
Yeah, but compared to Huntington, this is only like a very bad highlights reel. If it was all in one weekend it would be worth it. But for me, I have to drive nearly 6 hours to go there, see one movie and drive back. It's not worth it, unless they have a cool guest of some sort.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Well, keep in mind, Huntington was something of a phenomenon (do dooo dododo), and the upcoming showings, like the one at the Eastman house, are more of the norm for this tour. When this same exhibition was here in Columbus, it was a two-weekend event, but with nothing in the way of guest speakers that Huntington had. That's why everyone went crazy happy once we all found out what was about to take place! Crazy, I tell's ya!

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Well, keep in mind, Huntington was something of a phenomenon (do dooo dododo), and the upcoming showings, like the one at the Eastman house, are more of the norm for this tour. When this same exhibition was here in Columbus, it was a two-weekend event, but with nothing in the way of guest speakers that Huntington had. That's why everyone went crazy happy once we all found out what was about to take place! Crazy, I tell's ya!
Really? I knew about the Columbus screenings but I didn't think there were no worthwhile guests.

BTW, not to give too much away, but I told an art house theater near where I live about this tour (the staff there are apparently big Muppet fans, they've shown MTI, MTM, MFS and a few other non-Muppet Henson films as part of the kids movie program in the past and have tried showing some of the other films from Henson with no luck) and I got an e-mail back saying that they will "definitely look into it". At this point it could be a while, but this theater has had guests like Stephen Colbert, Edward Norton, Oliver Stone, Woody Allen, Kevin Smith, even Frank Oz (which I missed out on :embarrassed: )! It could be the next big one if all goes well. :zany: