"Muppet, Music & Magic" Events

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Sarah, skype is like most of those instant messenger programs that you find on the web (aol instant messenger, icq, etc). It is free to download, free to install, and free to chat with. Instead of chatting with others via typing, you chat via a PC microphone, using your voice.

Like other chat programs, it's free to "talk" with other people in your skype buddy list. So once you install skype (which is very easy to do), you can go add people to your skype buddy list. My username is "stephenjlizard", just like it is here on MC.

Skype has one other feature. You can literally "dial out", if you wish, to real phones, and by your talking into your PC mic, the person on the other end - the on holding the phone - can talk with you just like a normal phone conversation. This part of skype actually costs money to do, which unfortunately leads some people to the conclusion that Skype is not a free program. However, rest assured that it is in fact free to talk to your other skype buddies, night or day, 24/7.

I hope that helps!

ploobis

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me all of the clips that they showed in the Muppet Musical Moments screening and who was there?

Thank you:smile:

Kiki

Reaction score
Well I wasn't there (ha, I'm kinda on the other other side of the globe), but it's sounds like you all had an awesome time! :big_grin: It must've been sweet-as, meeting muppeteers and MC members, thanks to veryone who posted pics and videos! :smile:

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I know, I can not wait for that! :smile:

I have always wanted to see Jim's early work on DVD! I have the Muppets Magic Ed Sullivan DVD, The first two volumes of the Jimmy Dean DVD's, The Sesame Old School DVD set and the first season of SNL with the Gorch sketches.

I would love to see a DVD set of the Muppets early work from the 50's & 60's! :smile:
I think we all would here :smile:

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me all of the clips that they showed in the Muppet Musical Moments screening and who was there?

Thank you:smile:
They showed the Camelot number where the Muppets couldn't buy the rights to the main song, and two clips woven with scenes from Of Muppets and Men (In the Navy and I Get Around). And there was Turn the World Around, Rainbow Connection with Deborah Harry, the "For What It's Worth" song from the Bob Hope episode, Happy Feet, Lime in the Coconut, the song where the chickens play the piano, Mahna Mahna, Cottleston Pie with Rowlf, I Am Woman, Don't Go Breaking My Heart with Elton John and Piggy, Danny Boy, Blue Bayou, Scarborough Fair, and possibly some more but I can't recall. They also included all the Statler and Waldorf comments after.

Dave and Craig spoke, and at least Dave stuck around to watch.

ploobis

Reaction score
They showed the Camelot number where the Muppets couldn't buy the rights to the main song, and two clips woven with scenes from Of Muppets and Men (In the Navy and I Get Around). And there was Turn the World Around, Rainbow Connection with Deborah Harry, the "For What It's Worth" song from the Bob Hope episode, Happy Feet, Lime in the Coconut, the song where the chickens play the piano, Mahna Mahna, Cottleston Pie with Rowlf, I Am Woman, Don't Go Breaking My Heart with Elton John and Piggy, Danny Boy, Blue Bayou, Scarborough Fair, and possibly some more but I can't recall. They also included all the Statler and Waldorf comments after.

Thanks for the info. :smile:

I was in The Muppet Movie screening while they showed the Muppet Music Moments screening.

minor muppetz

Reaction score

Did they show the sketch where chickens play piano from the Edgar Bergen episode (which has a red-ish background), or the Bernadette Peters episode (which has a blue background)? Or could this have been from a different episode?

ploobis

Reaction score
At Saturday's panel discussion I was so happy when they answered the question that I wrote on a card for Dave Goelz! The question was this.

"What was it like shooting the big finale scene from the first Muppet Movie with over 250 Muppet characters?"

:smile: :big_grin: :crazy: