"Muppet, Music & Magic" Events

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
Who's Goin' To Huntington?

Well, today marks the first day of the Muppet exhibit in Huntington, Long Island. Besides me, who else is going?

~~ MM

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Ok, kids, I have one extra ticket for the Commercials and Experiments screening as well as Labyrinth. I will sell them at $10 each as I had to pay for these and the person I bought them for is no longer coming. Please private message me here so we can make plans to meet up tomorrow and make sure you are coming. I am also going to pose the same offer over on Tough Pigs. I am not just giving these out as I had to pay out of my own pocket for them....Ploobis you got the two extra panel tix...PM me so we can make arrangements to meet up beforehand.

Lu775

Reaction score
http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com/2007/05/muppets-music-magic-tour.html

The "Muppets, Music & Magic" tour is a traveling event created by The Jim Henson Legacy and the Brooklyn Academy of Music that tour features rare films and short programs from the Henson archives. Events, screenings and presentations will be made at locations around the USA as the tour travels.

Here are some upcoming stops that have been "locked in":
June 21-July 1, 2007
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco
Special guest Dave Goelz​

August 10-12, 2007
The Cinema Arts Centre in Huntington Long Island
Tons of special guests!​
There are many additional venues (in such locations as Austin, Houston, Cleveland, Ithaca, and Los Angles, among others) that are considering hosting event screenings in the near future. I will keep informing you about booked venues as they are locked in and confirmed.

More information on the tour and what the events are all about can be found here: http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com/2007/05/muppets-music-magic-tour.html

The linked info mentions, "There are also plans for a smaller presentation at the George Eastman House in Rochester to follow."

Is that still in the plans?

Blinky_Fish

Reaction score
Update

Well - Made it through "Follow that Bird" - not a ton of people at the first showing. But I have to say that hearing the little kids yell out at the screen was the best ever. I can't wait to see the reaction tomorrow when Elmo and Zoe Show up!... I wish I could have brought the boy for this one.

I bolted for MFS - and will be back for Dog City and The Dark Crystal - I needed sustenance! There are some items for sale there - Mostly books for the monkeys - But they also have DVD's of all of the popular and most of the showing films. Which is cool.

Tomorrow morning - There is supposed to be a "My life as a Furry Red Monster" signing after 11.

The pictures hanging on the walls are really cool. They are the same ones on the Muppets cards that came out a few years ago. I dig'em a lot.

It's rainy and ugly out today - I was hoping to socialize outside - but everyone seems to be a little anxious... gee I wonder why... This is the closest we will get to a Muppetfest on the East Coast I think.

TTFN - PYN - Roger over and out!

Cecilia5

Reaction score
I will be there tonight with ChellisPal to see The Dark Crystal. I'll have on a blue cookie monster shirt, so if you recognize us, please say hi! :big_grin:

ploobis

Reaction score
Well - Made it through "Follow that Bird" - not a ton of people at the first showing. But I have to say that hearing the little kids yell out at the screen was the best ever. I can't wait to see the reaction tomorrow when Elmo and Zoe Show up!... I wish I could have brought the boy for this one.

I bolted for MFS - and will be back for Dog City and The Dark Crystal - I needed sustenance! There are some items for sale there - Mostly books for the monkeys - But they also have DVD's of all of the popular and most of the showing films. Which is cool.

Tomorrow morning - There is supposed to be a "My life as a Furry Red Monster" signing after 11.

The pictures hanging on the walls are really cool. They are the same ones on the Muppets cards that came out a few years ago. I dig'em a lot.

It's rainy and ugly out today - I was hoping to socialize outside - but everyone seems to be a little anxious... gee I wonder why... This is the closest we will get to a Muppetfest on the East Coast I think.

TTFN - PYN - Roger over and out!
What kind of DVD's do they have? :confused: I'm going to be there tomorrow. :smile:

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
What kind of DVD's do they have? :confused: I'm going to be there tomorrow. :smile:
They have Labyrinth, TMS Season 2, Follow that Bird, Muppet Treasure Island and some more. I don't remember...

Well, day one was great. I only went to Dog City and The Storyteller :smile:

BTW, I was the one where my Mom and I cheered for UCONN. :stick_out_tongue:

majortom1981

Reaction score
hmm

I will be at the banquet tonight and the commercial thing right after it. Unfortunately I have to work (at the library in the village, visit the crepe place if you get hungry it rocks) so I cant get to the other things in the afternoon.