Truth commercial: Muppets & smoking

unclematt

Reaction score
I like the new Truth commercial. It is funny, and I am a smoker. However I was most upset about the Muppet one. I wasnt upset about the actual commercial. I didnt feel it was an attack on Jim or the company. I felt as though they were going after the cigarette manufacturers. What I was upset about was the assumption, once again, that the Muppets are aimed towards children. They are meant to span all ages. It is not like Big Bird smoking on SS, that is different. But the Muppet Movie was not aimed at specifically young children.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I was just thinking how a cheeseburger represents the innards of a cow.

Yuck.

I just accidentally talked myself into becoming a vegetarian, which stinks because I like cheeseburgers...

Moo.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I was just thinking how a cheeseburger represents the innards of a cow.

Yuck.

I just accidentally talked myself into becoming a vegetarian, which stinks because I like cheeseburgers...

Moo.
Haha! Nice. I've done that a few times, though it doesn't seem to stick (the vegetarianism... cheeseburgers always stick to the ribs).

I find that the Truth commercials are very important. After all, how else can cigarette companies advertise their product? :rolleyes:

Really, I think they do more harm than good. They are advertising cigarettes for the companies, and if anything, I think these commercials make young people want to smoke even more.

unclematt

Reaction score
I disagree. I am a smoker and those commercials scare me.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
that one with the "tiny babies" scares me. The one with the typwriters is just weird and the onewith the dancing unicorn and things, well, that one might do more harm than good.

unclematt

Reaction score
How about the one with the guy singing through his throat. "You dont always die from tobacco"

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Well, it depends on whether you already smoke or are about to.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
So, I was just thinking--as a moderator--does this thread really promote The Muppets at all, or is it promoting that organization who seems to demote The Muppets?

'Cause, I don' wan'nobody messin' wit mah Muffets!