Old School Volume 2 coming this fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
Wow. That sounds pretty scary (the concept of the episode and the response it got). :embarrassed: I think there could be an imaginary episode using the Wicked Witch street scenes, and the segments could be various scary Sesame Street segments, including Kermit's B-sound lecture with the Beautiful Day Monster, Kermit's "In" lecture with Grover and Fred the Dragon, Ernie's rock-hunting skit with Fred scaring Ernie, the clip with Bob and Luis making the train tunnel, a Mysterious Theater segment (any one would do, but I think the "Missing Cat" segment would be a good choice), the Red-Hot I animated skit, any song that has to do with danger, the "Yakity Yakity Yak" animated segment, and the "Count of Ten" segment with Limbo.

Cool idea, huh?
Don't forget: Loud and Soft lecture with Kermit, Fuzzyface, and Big V.

PinballStewie

Reaction score
I consider "Old School" to be 1969-1992/93 or so, because after that is when all the new stuff came along like Around the Corner, the slue of new characters, the new cleaner and brighter set, and eventually Elmo's World... all I know is that most people here consider the 90s a period for "Classic Sesame".
The furthest I go for "Classic" as far as SS is concerned is whenever the "newer" number series' for 13 - 20 came out like Rubber Stamps, African Masks (the one with the kid's hand for # 13, a springing water-thingy for # 14, a weird thing catching a fish # 15, etc.), Bellhop, the "Rap" series, the weird creature numbers (umbrella creature for # 1, a weird rabbit-y thing for # 4, and a blue dragon-type thing for # 15 among other things). I'm pretty sure that Rubber Stamps, Bellhop, and Rap were all late '80s, but when did the African Masks and weird creature numbers come out? Was that late '80s or early '90s?

ISNorden

Reaction score
I've never heard of that sketch.
I can think of at least two cartoon sketches that specifically called a "V" big:

1. Two friends (named Virgil and Victor, I think) stand on opposite forks of a huge capital "V", and try to discuss the letter.
  2. A narrator (unseen until the last part) describes the journey of a "big letter 'V'" in verse: the "V" starts in the branches of a sycamore tree, gets blown out to sea by a strong wind, then washed over to the narrator by a huge wave. The sketch ends with the "V" hurting the narrator's knee as he makes a painful face.
Do either of those sketches sound like the one you meant, TotallySpiesFan?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Do either of those sketches sound like the one you meant, TotallySpiesFan?
I don't think those are what he meant. He mentioned Kermit, who wasn't in the skits you described, and he also mentioend Fuzzyface, who many fans refer to as "season 1 Grover". Big V is the name of the Muppet monster from the "Inchworm" sketch.

ISNorden

Reaction score
I don't think those are what he meant. He mentioned Kermit, who wasn't in the skits you described, and he also mentioned Fuzzyface, who many fans refer to as "season 1 Grover". Big V is the name of the Muppet monster from the "Inchworm" sketch.

OK, thanks for clearing that up; I recognized Fuzzyface, but not Big V. Would that be the Herry-like fellow who had a "V" on his sweater in this sketch? (Somehow, I can't imagine Herry himself wanting to take advantage of little kids!) Or does Kermit call some other Muppet "Big V" for a reason I can't recall?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
OK, thanks for clearing that up; I recognized Fuzzyface, but not Big V. Would that be the Herry-like fellow who had a "V" on his sweater in this sketch? (Somehow, I can't imagine Herry himself wanting to take advantage of little kids!) Or does Kermit call some other Muppet "Big V" for a reason I can't recall?
Big V was around before Sesame Street. I don't know why he's called "Big V" (the book "The Story of Jim Henson: Creator of the Muppets" has a picture of Jane Henson putting him in storage, and the text underneath the photo refers to him by that name). Big V looks nothing like Herry (he looks mroe like Gorgon Heap). He is dark brown, has yellow horns, a big mouth, (I think) teeth, and a really long, worm-like nose.

The inchworm sketch, which was performed on The Jack Paar Show, The Ed Sullivan Show, and The Muppet Show, involved Kermit (on TMS he was repalced by Lenny the Lizard) sitting on a wall, humming "Glow Worm", when a worm comes up to Kermit and taps him, leading to Kermit eating the worm. This happens a few more times, until Kermit catches the worm early on and bites into it, only this time when he grabs it with his mouth, it's longer. Kermit keeps pulling it until it's revealed to be Big V's nose, and Big V then eats Kermit.

Big V also appeared in the title role in a Pat-Nik promotional film called Shrinkenstien.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
I don't think those are what he meant. He mentioned Kermit, who wasn't in the skits you described, and he also mentioend Fuzzyface, who many fans refer to as "season 1 Grover". Big V is the name of the Muppet monster from the "Inchworm" sketch.
I actually meant the monster named Big V (the Gorgon Heap precursor). He was seen in the Season 1 sketch where he ate the radio while scaring Kermit and Fuzzyface.

christyb

Reaction score
All I can say is that I'm excited and thrilled at all this merch.....now my wallet....is crying but no need to go into that.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I actually meant the monster named Big V (the Gorgon Heap precursor). He was seen in the Season 1 sketch where he ate the radio while scaring Kermit and Fuzzyface.
Have you actually seen this sketch? None of the Kermit sketches pages at Muppet Wiki mention it. The Big V page at Muppet Wiki did mention that Big V appeared with Kermit and Grover in a Sesame Street sketch called "Kermit's Radio", but after I put a "citations needed" tag there, somebody erased the sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.