French Coproduction of Fraggle Rock available online

LincolnHeights

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I came across this site that some of you may or may not be familiar with. It's called www.dailymotion.com I first discovered it last night, and they actually have several episodes from the French Co Production of Fraggle Rock. I have never seen these before, and they are very interesting. The outerspace scenes are set in a totally different location, and they have a different guy playing Doc, and Sprocket's name is Croquette. The outerspace scenes are very interesing. Especially seeing Gobo or Uncle Matt in there, because the way they handle certain situations with them is different from in the U.S. version. So if anyone is interested in seeing these for the first time, just go to that site and type in Fraggle Rock, and you will see all of them. I think they have most of the episodes from the first Season. But I'm not sure if the French Fraggle Rock lasted past the first Season. Oh well.

Enjoy! :smirk::excited:

Foodie

Reaction score
Coolness! There's some German fraggle things here too. :smirk:

Nick

LincolnHeights

Reaction score
It's amazing that after all these years, I finally get to see French Fraggle Rock. Iv'e seen several UK FR episodes. Now all I have to do is see the German Coproduction, and all my prayers will have been answered!:excited: Anyways on this site. There are currently 14 French Fraggle Rock episodes. All from the First Season. Here are the ones that are there.

The Begginings
Wembley and the Gorgs
Let the Water Run
You can't do that without a Hat
The Preachification of Convincing John
I want to be You
The Terrible Tunnell
The Lost treasure of the Fraggles
Catch the Tail by the Tiger
The Finger of Light
We Love You Wembley
The Challenge
I Don't Care
The Minstrels

I hope you all enjoy these. I think the French voices are terrific. Although they could have done a little better with the French voice of Cantus.

Foodie

Reaction score
It's amazing that after all these years, I finally get to see French Fraggle Rock. Iv'e seen several UK FR episodes. Now all I have to do is see the German Coproduction, and all my prayers will have been answered!:excited: Anyways on this site. There are currently 14 French Fraggle Rock episodes. All from the First Season. Here are the ones that are there.

The Begginings
Wembley and the Gorgs
Let the Water Run
You can't do that without a Hat
The Preachification of Convincing John
I want to be You
The Terrible Tunnell
The Lost treasure of the Fraggles
Catch the Tail by the Tiger
The Finger of Light
We Love You Wembley
The Challenge
I Don't Care
The Minstrels

I hope you all enjoy these. I think the French voices are terrific. Although they could have done a little better with the French voice of Cantus.

I may have all these. A few years ago, I bought an officially licensed DVD set of the french Fraggle Rock, but, due it that whole region1/region 2 mumbo-jumbo, I've yet to be able to watch them.

According to the package, there's some Fraggle Rock special on one of the DVDs ( I think (( cuz I can't read french ) ) that well... I actually don't know what it's about cuz I've never been able to view it. It looks to be a documentary of sorts. I wanna say it shows some fraggle merchandise and things like that. There's a picture of some toy doozer vehicle on the package that I've never seen anywhere before. :smirk:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Is there away to download them from there? I would love to have these put on a DVD or something like that.

LincolnHeights

Reaction score
Another thing I noticed about these shows is, not only are the Doc and Sprocket scenes different, but some of Uncle Matt's postcards are as well. It's nice to see Fraggle footage that Iv'e never seen before, and i'm sure it's nice for some of you as well.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Those are very cool, thanks for sharing.

It's always fun to see how they edit the foreign segments to "wrap around" the Rock segments.

LincolnHeights

Reaction score
Does anyone know how many episode of the French Coproduction were made? I have heard that they didn't go through to the end like the UK version, and I know for the German version it ended at episode 85 The Riddle of Rhyming Rock. But does anyone know how many French shows were produced, or if they even went passed Season 1? Any info on this would be greatly appreciated. I hope the user at that site MaggieFraggle, ends up posting all the episodes from the French version.

gbrobeck

Reaction score
Here is the list of upcoming Fraggle episodes on the French kids channel Gulli. (I translated their French titles and am listing the corresponding US title.) I'm assuming these are the co-production and not just the US version translated.

Une grotte pour deux - A Cave of One's Own
L'eau qui fait youpi - Wembley's Wonderful Whoopie Water
Germaine des neiges - Blanket of Snows, Blanket of Woes
Mon radis bien aimé - The Great Radish Caper
Le rêve de Boober - Boober's Dream
Des travaux et des jeux - All Work and All Play
Le mauvais génie - Wembley and the Mean Genie
Le rayon de lumière - ? (translates to "The Ray of Light")
Jouer à tout casser - Playing Till it Hurts

Greg

ZootSaxPlayer

Reaction score
The only French episode that I could find on Dailymotion was the first episode (Beginnings). Where can I find the others?