Muppet Mockumentary Pilot Filmed

Luke

Reaction score
No, the Disney Channel interstials and the Disney XD content were two different projects. However I don't know if the Disney Channel intersitials ever got out of development and were ever filmed.
It may have been the original concept of something for Disney Channel that lead to Disney XD but from what i got it did all gel just from one idea of doing "mini movies". Perhaps anything with Disney Channel was going to promote them coming to XD alongside the Disney stars? As i said, nothing was ever shot, which might be because there was a delay in them coming to XD. The two things sound very similar - whenever i heard anything about mini movies, it was always because Disney wanted to push broadband internet content which is a priority for them.

As Frogboy mentioned, it is like they are using (or re-interpreting) writing or ideas from earlier ones we knew about. I think a lot of what existed, or was intended - we have now, or will now see used in some way on XD.

beaker

Reaction score
and
the big, "top secret" and "very cool" project (that is still coming, and they should start working on again as soon as the writers strike ends).
And now the writers strike is officially over according to MSNBC, so yay. I can imagine there is actually several "top secret/very cool" projects in the works to be announced(hopefully by summer time)

Going into 2009/2010, I think it's quite the possibility that we will finally see the glorious return of the Muppets and all related properties as many of us hoped for a decade previously

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I knew the strike would end before the Oscars. When Vanity Fair cancelled their annual party studios knew it was past the 11th hour! Good for everyone! Well...except when the absorbtion of DVD residuals hit us the consumer! Or did you think Paramount, Fox, Sony, Disney, Universal and Warner Brothers were going to take a paycut? :wink:

Let's hope there are no more delays! :smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well i heard that the Writers would be going back to work on Monday but for shows and such to back up to speed it would take up till Apiral.

mrsieve

Reaction score
Most of the reports that i'm reading/hearing say the earliest day that the writers would be back would be Wednesday.

beaker

Reaction score
All in all its good news for us Muppet fans, as chances are the writers strike was a factor with Disney's Muppet plans.

Btw, is there finally a new official Muppets logo that isn't completely lame?

Drtooth

Reaction score
My wish has always been for someone on the inside to leak this stuff on youtube...be it the 2002 Fox Prime time show pitch, or some of this stuff.
Heh, I'm still waiting for someone to put up episodes of Little Muppet Monsters. Even if it's just the ones that were televised. So I completely doubt that.

Anyway, the Writers are supposed to vote Wednseday, so they may get back to work the earliest Thursday. It seems that both sides have worked out a positive agreement, but I'd better just wait and see if they vote on it first before I take it as a given. Who knows what could happen between now and then.

I would say if the "Movie interstitials" were made, or are being made, and they can't find the market for them, I'm reaslly pushing for them to at least put them up on Disney XD. At least that seems like a launching point for the next project. And I hope that project actually sees it through this time.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well that interesting! I'm just trying to figuer out who you are lol I know Telly and i know who does Telly, but I'm still confused.

beaker

Reaction score
Well that interesting! I'm just trying to figuer out who you are lol I know Telly and i know who does Telly, but I'm still confused.
It's great seeing a Hollywood insider give his take on the Muppets...just to me an odd choice to use Telly as a moniker, heh(Telly is my alltime favorite Sesame character, whose extreme naivity and Wembleyness is his charm)

Btw, has Jim Hill had any Muppet rumblings to report at all? He's been dead silent on the Muppets for some time now