• Poll closed .

Rax

Reaction score
Maybe you guys better discuss this privately. :wink:

Gr, Rax

Count von Count

Reaction score
I gusse The Rainbow Connection Won.
I think there should be some more polls on the forums.
I can't think of one right now,
But I will post one here when I do.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I've always preferred the Rainbow Connection to Being Green. Being green just always seemed really slow and I could nevere follow it well. When I was a kid I thought it was the most boring songs quite frankly. Rainbow connection is somethng I sing every other day because it has such a nice tune.

lds1987

Reaction score
Honestly when I was little I thought both songs were so dull I would instantly get up and leave the room. Now that I'm grown up I love them both, though I'd say it's a tie still. Both are good songs and have so much more meaning to them then it appears.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Even though Bein' Green was performed on The Muppet Show it originated on Sesame Street so I kind of see program preference as a factor into the song preference. I prefer the Muppet Movie to Sesame Street so Rainbow Connection gets my vote. :smile:

Puckrox

Reaction score
I love both songs, but Rainbow Connection wins it for me. It's so beautifully worded and it's just a really pretty song. But both songs have really nice messages. :smile:

I really love Big Bird's rendition of Bein' Green at Jim Henson's memorial too. It always brings tears to my eyes.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
It's kinda funny. I found a book at Borders the other day titled "It's No Easy Bein' Green." It's full of quotes by Henson, Kermit and other people. They quote a bunch of songs but Rainbow Connection's not in it (at least I didn't see it). It could be that the theme of the book didn't fit with the song but it was an intersting thing to see.

Puckrox

Reaction score
It's kinda funny. I found a book at Borders the other day titled "It's No Easy Bein' Green." It's full of quotes by Henson, Kermit and other people. They quote a bunch of songs but Rainbow Connection's not in it (at least I didn't see it). It could be that the theme of the book didn't fit with the song but it was an intersting thing to see.
What a coincidence. I just bought that book about a week ago. In fact, it's literally only a couple inches away from my laptop. I love just picking it up and flipping through it. There are a lot of really great quotes in there. (My favorite quote is Kermit's on page 56). They do have the quote from the very ending of the Rainbow Connection reprise ("Life's like a movie, make your own ending..."), but yeah, I was surprised they didn't quote more of it.