The "Next Muppet on Family Guy" thread

Convincing John

Reaction score
2. See how long the audience can handle the length of a segment's joke. Which can sometimes go on for two minutes.
Or longer...how long are they going to stretch out the next "Peter vs. Chicken" fight anyway? The last one was what...seven minutes?

Convincing John

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
Honestly, I still watch the thing, and I agree. The characters all have the same generic nasty personality, it's gotten just poorly written, and basically it panders to the idiot adult swim crowd that laughs at any mention of the word "AIDS," or tired 1980's nostalgia junk that EVERYONE's done by now. it became a totally different and lousy show. And 5 minute Conway Twitty cutaways are NOT FUNNY! No one knows who it is, and NO ONE gets the joke (at least in the audience they've got). I'm glad at least the Cleveland Show has been surprisingly pleasant so far... and American Dad is highly underrated and unfortunately shuffled under the rest. I mean, it has a PLOT in every episode, and the rapture episode is one of the best cartoon's I've seen in years.

But FG became this:

• Some celebrity does not meet my approval. Let's say they're ugly and or annoying.
  • OOh! Let's be insanely mean to Meg because the network pressured us into adding a character we're too lazy to write for.
  • Remember that joke we did that was funny only the first 2 times? let's do it in EVERY single episode now.
  • Crazy what the heck moment that makes no sense and is only funny because it makes no sense
  • Hey! Let's put a long drawn out "this is how people talk" conversation here. That's always good for a laugh.
  • Gay Stewie is million funnier than evil Stewie. Oh! And let's make him say something that's only funny because he says it in a funny voice.
  • Peter acting like a child? How can we lose?
  • You know what's funnier than an obvious joke? Vocalizing how it's supposed to be a joke and say what it means.

All and all, it's turned into a lazy mush of overdone shallow attempts at humor. Sure, there's the occasional well written episode, such as the Multiverse thing, but it's all just about staying on the air because it's popular with an audience of gamer poseurs. They show successfully lost everything that made the show good, and replaced it with all the things that made Adult Swim suck.
*happy tears* Dude, I think I love you......

Drtooth

Reaction score
To sum it up, the show is a bloated, lazy corpse of what it once was, and I'd rather see an entire episode where they go off on some wacky misadventure than one where they stay at home and make Conway Twitty cutaways. Hello! None of your intended audience gets the joke or even knows who it is, and only think it's funny because it makes no sense, but yet is just lazy and WTHeck ridden. I swear, Seth's a talented guy with a good sense of humor. he did work on Johnny Bravo and Dexter's Lab during their funniest years, and the multiple pilots for the show have the same sort of shock to the humor, but they're done CLEVERLY. He LOST the show as far as I'm concerned and now it became the worst writer on staff's show.

That said, American Dad has been nothing but solid gold lately. After they dumped the concept of Stan just being an embodiment of what Republicans believe and actually did interesting stuff, they made one of the best shows I've seen on Fox Sunday since they forced Futurama off the air the first time. They have done the BEST James Bond parody I have ever seen since the 1960's era... and they managed to be offensive AND clever in that episode. A movie that will make people cry to death about a mentally challenged kid in the Holocaust who's also a drunk with every Oscar winner trope there is. That's shocking, but it makes you think. That's TRUE. And the School House Rock parody that explained Oliver North? I gladly listen to that one on my MP3 player, and I never get tired of it.

Meanwhile, I dare anyone to watch the O.J. Simpson episode of FG and laugh. There was one good joke in there, and that was it.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Grover was just on FG in a cutaway mere seconds ago... and he was nominated for an Oscar, but lost to "a red guy" thanks to Peter stuffing the votes. :super:

Whatnot1988

Reaction score
I had a hard time understanding the "Wrong Sounding Muppets" gag from The Tan Aquatic with Steve Zissou. While Jim did indeed have a "wait and see" attitude when it came to the condition that cost him his life, and both Kermit and Swedish Chef were Jim-performed characters, the ending really bugged me.

We all know Fozzie was perfrormed by Frank Oz--NOT Jim. Including one of Frank's characters after Stewie only referenced Jim and his death made little sense at all to me. While I do indeed know the story about how Frank left the Muppets, but if the FG writers needed a third Muppet for the ending, I don't see why they couldn't use another Jim-performed character like Rowlf, Dr. Teeth or even Link Hogthrob, the Muppet Newsman or Mahna Mahna.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I got one what if Peter Griffin Sang "Mahna Mahna" While He was Drunk?

GSmiley2007

Reaction score
I know they aren't exactly "Muppets" per se, but considering they're part of the Jim Henson family, I could imagine a Dinosaur Train spoof:

First one:

(cut to a scene where the family's in a dinosaur museum)

LOIS: All right kids, now remember, do not spend more than $25 on gifts.

CHRIS: Yaaaay! I'm going to get me a Dinosaucers comic book! (laughs)

LOIS: Now, Peter, please watch Stewie for me while I go get drinks. Peter, are you listening to me? Peter? (we zoom away from a close-up Lois' face to reveal Peter and Stewie are gone) PETER, WHERE THE H*** ARE YOU?

(cut to a shot of Peter and Stewie on a kiddy train in the museum, singing the Dinosaur Train song)

PETER: (singing) Dinosaur train... dinosaur train... dinosaur train... dinosaur train... we're gonna riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide... the dinosaur train! (laughs)

LOIS: PETER! GET THE H*** OFF THAT TRAIN THIS INSTANT!

PETER: (dismayed) OK, Lois. Come on, Stewie, we're getting off the Dinosaur Train.

STEWIE: D*** YOU, VILE WOMAN!

Second one:

(we cut to Peter watching a National Geographic special on dinosaurs)

PETER: Man, learning about dinosaurs is better than spending time with them, like I did when I time-traveled to 65 million years ago.

(cut to a shot of the Dinosaur Train [in 2D form] traveling along tracks, and its passengers singing the "All Aboard" song)

DINOSAURS: (singing) All aboard... all aboard... (a thump sounds)

(everyone screams in a panic, as the train's going way too fast and hits a bump in the rails)

TINY: (in a panicked voice) We're going to crash! I'm scared!

SHINY: (in a groggy voice) I think I'm going to feel sick... I hate traveling fast!

DON: Whee! This is fun, isn't it, Buddy?

BUDDY: You said it, Don!

(cut to Peter in the engine)

PETER: Oh, c**p! How do I stop this thing? (looks at all the dials)
Ah, here's how to stop it! (He pulls the lever, but it's too late. The train flies off the rails and splashes into a lake. Thankfully, no one is seriously injured.)

MR. PTERANODON: Is everyone all right, Team Pteranodon?

BUDDY, TINY, & SHINY: (in groggy voices, feeling sick from the fast speed of the train) Yes, Dad.

DON: Let's go again! Let's go again!

PETER (to an angry Conductor): Listen, sir, I didn't know how to stop this thing. I'm from the future!

CONDUCTOR: (in an angry tone, and in Seth MacFarlane's voice instead of Ian James Corlett's) YEAH, THAT'S WHAT EVERYONE SAYS, IDIOT! NOW LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO MY TRAIN YOU... (shouts obscenities at Peter for 30 seconds, with a sped-up voice)

PETER: Geez, calm down! I was only trying to say I'm sorry.

CONDUCTOR: (still angry) NOW, GET THE H*** OFF MY TRAIN THIS INSTANT, YOU FAT TUB OF LARD!

PETER: (dismayed) Yes, sir.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
What if The Griffin Family were put in a "Dog City" Situation? Somebody please show me an example of this?

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I Spotted a Reference, from the Unseen Episode Parital Terms of Endearment. Lois was criticizing Meg because She can't keep a boyfriend for more then a few Weeks, then Meg recalls Dating The Count.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I Got one, what If Peter appeared as a contestant on "Late Night Liars"