Your Thoughts: Authentic Kermit Replica

Davina

Reaction score
whoa. that is amazing! lovely job on that.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
What an amazing pumpkin! I like how you posed your Kermit--he looks more puppety!

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments on both. It took me like 2 hours to complete the carving after tracing it. The pumkin itseld was huge. Hoping to do it again next year, and Ill post a how-to then too! My frog is my pride and joy, and it's a never ending battle to keep him looking like the puppet and not the poser.

Kevin

Carnby

Reaction score
I just got mine today, after we got tons of snow and I feared that he wouldn't make it for another few days. Even knowing how big he was going to be, I was surprised to see that Kermit's almost as tall as my daughter. Waking up and walking out to see the huge MR box was great and I felt like a kid on Christmas. Heck, when I took Kermit out of his box and held him for the first time, I actually expected him to come to life and start talking to me.

'need to find the charger for my batteries, but there'll be tons of pictures soon enough. Now I HAVE to get Animal within the next two months.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Those are great pics! Aren't you so happy to own that Kermit? I love mine.
AH! You have NO idea! I love him SOOO much! He brightens up my day every time I walk into my room. It's fantastic. He and Gonzo just make me grin from ear to ear.

Carnby

Reaction score
These are the only ones I took right now since it's dark and there's poor lighting in here. Since it snowed all week, I'll try to take him outside later today and get some good wintery pictures. Anyway, for those who are still on the fence and think he looks good in some pictures, yet bad in others, it all depends on the lighting and if the person uses a flash. Check it out-

No flash:

http://flickr.com/photos/lol69/3120581404/

Flash:

http://flickr.com/photos/lol69/3119753871/

The flash tends to bring out stupidly small details like each fiber on him and everything. I remember this from when I collected Star Wars busts and maquettes- the flash (up close anyway) made things look pretty lousy. He looks absolutely perfect in-person. I'm glad I got him for $125 but he's easily worth three times that.