My Thoughts: Disney's Muppets

unclematt

Reaction score
First I would like to say that it is so important to me that Beau agreed with me. I respect you and your Muppet knowledge greatly. Secondly I would like to agree with Teheheman. They do have the nostalgia thing going for them I just dont want to see them completely rely on it, which I don't think they are doing right now.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Edgy wouldn't be a good thing but if Disney took a look at the past, and maybe use that as a stepping stone. Try not to make it hip, but maybe make it like a show that the whole family can enjoy. Everything has to be "edgy", but the fact that we are looking back at things in our childhood and nostalgic things, should tell you that sometimes being hip and new isn't necessarily the best thing. Maybe I'm just tired and will look at this in the morning and think "What the heck was I thinking when I wrote that" but it made sense at the time.

Daniel

IgorPonweed

Reaction score
Since Disney owned The Muppets, they aren't really doing much with them.

But if I can say something to Disney, it'll be this..........

"BRING THE MUPPETS BACK TO PRIME TIME TELEVISION!"

Muppets Tonight was awesome! I would really like to see another Prime Time Muppet show again. Nice and Edgy like what Fox was going to do with them.
We've learned that the Muppets are good for inuendo, but not full on edgeyness.

Count von Count

Reaction score
Allright people, I wanna lay off my chest a few things about the lack of stuff from Disney & The Muppets in general. You may also respond if you please, I just feel that we need a thread about our thoughts etc.
It been like a year now with no new posts, on this thread.
So I want to know has any one's views changed? After a year?

muppets2

Reaction score
well i havent been on for a year (Or even 3 months) but my opinion is the same as it was when i joined cool:smile:

unclematt

Reaction score
If they come through with everything that was talked about at D23 I will be very happy.

tomahawk

Reaction score
Well, from what I've seen from the D23 is that Disney is finally breaking away from Jim Henson and the Henson company. From all of the Disney connections during the Muppet presentation, to the new Disneyized posters in MV3D and taking Mr. Hensons name off the ride.

The thing that is bothering me the most right now is the Steve Whitmire issue. Why not a word? :eek: It seems to me that there is a lot of changes going on and Disney is not going to say a thing about it. Seeing as that they are bound and determined to get the tween market with the Muppets and they won't care who is doing the characters.

The new stuff is great, but to lose the soul of the Muppets to just kick out more merchandise and get a younger audience seems , well Un-Muppet like.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Me To!
Also Henson promised Ha! shows to come out that never did.
Like the tbs one, I think there is more.
That to made me frustrated.
Why didn't I say that? :big_grin:

Say what you will about Disney's ownership... but we only had 3 cancelled projects... The Muppet Reality Show (which was a terrible Idea, and I'm glad it never got picked up), The Mockumentary (which would have been great... the only one I'm actually disappointed we didn't see), and the Election Special (which would have been, frankly, too rushed a concept, and we would have never seen LTS). The Halloween special is happening next year, so it hasn't officially been canceled...

How many projects did Henson not follow through with? The TBS show was mentioned... there was something else I can't remember, and the FR and DC movies are in development purgatory now... the FR one waiting for Weinstine to get someone to partner their partnership (epic eye roll... :rolleyes: )... and it took us a year to get SUDS. Frankly, if one thing Disney has that Henson doesn't, it's a stronger leadership. Heck, even before the buyout, weren't there like 3 more movies and 2 TV shows Henson was planning for the Muppets that never happened, and we only got Oz out of it?

Hat Sharpener

Reaction score
we would have never seen LTS... the FR and DC movies are in development purgatory now... and it took us a year to get SUDS
Someone needs to write a guide to Muppet Forum Acronyms. I'm never sure how to type AVMMMMCM, and now TGMMOAT has been replaced by TCMMEM... It's like reading Roman Numerals...