Anyone else think that D A is a bit stuck up?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
the only thing thats really stopping me is the website is painfully slow, even for my dial up :smirk:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You're STILL using dial-up? :eek: I was sure that thing was completely extinct by now. :eek:

Yeah, I wouldn't bet on dA being good for a dial-up connection... not only would it be slow in your case, but it probably would never even finish loading for you, because dA is littered with ads that automatically refresh themselves, and to have to wait for ads to finish loading... then for them to have to refresh and load again... I wouldn't even attempt using dA on a dial-up connection.

Redsonga

Reaction score
You're STILL using dial-up? :eek: I was sure that thing was completely extinct by now. :eek:

Yeah, I wouldn't bet on dA being good for a dial-up connection... not only would it be slow in your case, but it probably would never even finish loading for you, because dA is littered with ads that automatically refresh themselves, and to have to wait for ads to finish loading... then for them to have to refresh and load again... I wouldn't even attempt using dA on a dial-up connection.
..Or you could just get a paid account :coy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I mentioned that on you're journal. It's annoying. Very annoying. I think I got a virus from it once. And then, two days last week I kept getting dumb ads that make you have to open Adobe Acrocrap (which the computer warns me has compatibility problems... read, it sucks rotten eggs) and then it crashes the internet when I click cancel.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I mentioned that on you're journal. It's annoying. Very annoying.
Cha, indeed.
I think I got a virus from it once.
I've got viruses from dA ads quite often; matter of fact, that whole "XP Guardian" virus that plagued me back in February, most of those came from dA ads. I asked them if they would fix the problem (and possibly the refreshing problem), and while they didn't comment on the ads refreshing,they said they found it hard to believe that I was getting viruses from their ads, as they check their ads (or so they said) to make sure they contain no malicious content. They forwarded me a Google-based complaint form to fill out regarding virus from ads and such... I guess it must have helped, because I haven't had much trouble since.
And then, two days last week I kept getting dumb ads that make you have to open Adobe Acrocrap (which the computer warns me has compatibility problems... read, it sucks rotten eggs) and then it crashes the internet when I click cancel.
I haven't had that problem, but occasionally (and since I first joined), I get those new-age pop ups where the ad extends itself, even when you DON'T hover over it like they say "hover over to expand". And yes, I too have times where I can't do anything because of the ads, so I'll just have to close out of the browser, resulting in the "Not responding" window that closes all currently open windows associated with the browser.

I've been thinking though... I know Firefox has ad-block programs, are there any for IE?

Redsonga

Reaction score
Yeah, if you're looking for identity theft and such.
I've had one for five years now and nothing bad has come of it. From anywhere else on the internet ether now that I think of it, ebay or otherwise. It's all about being careful :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyone else getting this problem? As long as we're on the ads, every single other kind of ad doesn't bug me, or do anything. Though, I do think the photo of the world's former (deceased) fattest women being used as a game is very offensive and insensitive.... but that's another rant for another day. But every time I get an Adobe ad, it slows the heck out of the internet and almost causes it to freeze and crash entirely. I don't see why it should, there's nothing different... but the internet stops and slows everything down to pop up those annoying ads.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That has been happening to me as well... maybe once every other evening at best or so.

It seems to me that the issues with the ads tend to get worse as the evening progresses, though I'm unsure why that is.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
DSnowth (sorry cell phone wont let me quote), the area I live isnt wired for any kind of high speed. we could get hughs net but its too expensive. the company that has the rights to put cable out here refuse to because they say it is a waste of their money and no one will buy their service...i say their just lazy