What's your favorite letter segment?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Here are mine:

L - "REBEL L!!!" by Billy Idle
I have some questions for that song.

1.I know that he obviously has blonde hair,wears punk clothes(cause I saw a picture of the real Billy Idle on Google),and is obviously performed by Christopher Cerf but what kind of AM was he and what kind of nose did he have?

2.What year was it?

3.Who performed the L and the policeman?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Like PinballStewie,I'd also like to know if the music was New Wave like How Now Brown Cow and the Moo Wave or Punk Rock.
My question has been answered.After watching it on Youtube it's both.

PinballStewie

Reaction score
I have some questions for that song.

1.I know that he obviously has blonde hair,wears punk clothes(cause I saw a picture of the real Billy Idle on Google),and is obviously performed by Christopher Cerf but what kind of AM was he and what kind of nose did he have?

2.What year was it?

3.Who performed the L and the policeman?
ANSWERS:

1. I think it's the Rebel L himself (or itself) that's performed by Chris Cerf, not Billy Idle. Billy Idle had lavender skin and a triangular nose.

2. 1986 (or maybe '87)

3. I don't know who performed the policeman (policewoman, actually), and the L as mentioned above was Chris Cerf.

PinballStewie

Reaction score
My question has been answered.After watching it on Youtube it's both.
For that reason, it kinda reminds me of "Lost In the Supermarket" by the Clash, even though there were no keyboards in that song. Then again, "The Letter N"'s structure (and video) do bear a pretty strong resemblance to "I Love Rock And Roll" by Joan Jett. Do you think Jerry Nelson was a punk-rocker at heart once the punk era came along? (I mean he also did the one with the screaming Muppet baby singing to the tune of "Blitzkrieg Bop" by the Ramones)

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
ANSWERS:

1. I think it's the Rebel L himself (or itself) that's performed by Chris Cerf, not Billy Idle. Billy Idle had lavender skin and a triangular nose.

2. 1986 (or maybe '87)

3. I don't know who performed the policeman (policewoman, actually), and the L as mentioned above was Chris Cerf.
O.k.,so that leads to 3 more questions I have.

1.Since Billy Idle is not performed by Christopher Cerf,was it Billy Idle himself that played the muppet or was it another male performer?

2.What color was his nose?

3.When do you remember last seeing it?

I've never seen this one when I was little and I'm actually kinda surprised.I rember seeing alot of the 80's muppet segments when I watched Sesame Street. For example,I remember seeing "Wet Paint" all the time(and getting freaked out by it lol :big_grin: ).

anytimepally

Reaction score

1.Since Billy Idle is not performed by Christopher Cerf,was it Billy Idle himself that played the muppet or was it another male performer?
Was Richard doing Billy Idle?.. It's not a voice I've heard him do before, but there are some vocal similarities to some of his voices, especially when he says the "Leapin' Lizards" line

PinballStewie

Reaction score

2.What color was his nose?

3.When do you remember last seeing it?

I've never seen this one when I was little and I'm actually kinda surprised.I rember seeing alot of the 80's muppet segments when I watched Sesame Street. For example,I remember seeing "Wet Paint" all the time(and getting freaked out by it lol :big_grin: ).
ANSWERS (part 2):

1. I believe Richard Hunt performed Billy Idle.

2. I'm pretty sure his nose was either hot pink or dark purple.

3. 1992 or '93 (I think)

BTW, I too remember seeing "Wet Paint" a lot on SS, but I LOVED it!!! Actually there were quite a few "freaky" segments I just adored between age 3 and 5 (or thereabouts), like the opera-singing orange, Count to 10 With Nobody (I was obsessed with the font), and the Sally Cruikshank-animated "Beginning, Middle, and End".

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
ANSWERS (part 2):

1. I believe Richard Hunt performed Billy Idle.

2. I'm pretty sure his nose was either hot pink or dark purple.

3. 1992 or '93 (I think)

BTW, I too remember seeing "Wet Paint" a lot on SS, but I LOVED it!!! Actually there were quite a few "freaky" segments I just adored between age 3 and 5 (or thereabouts), like the opera-singing orange, Count to 10 With Nobody (I was obsessed with the font), and the Sally Cruikshank-animated "Beginning, Middle, and End".
The first two I've never seen when I was little but have seen on Youtube but "Beggining Middle and End" I remember seeing when I was little.I loved that one two though the eyes and the mouth on Seymour's bed are creepy lol.

Nyperold

Reaction score
After 12 pages, it's likely that every segment there every was has been mentioned, but still:

For whole alphabet, I like the Kermit & Kid segment where they're saying the alphabet together, only every few letters, the girl would say "Cookie Monster" instead and start giggling. ("Next time Cookie Monster... *giggles*" "Next time Cookie Monster can say the alphabet with you. I'm leaving.") So cute. :smile: But it did take me a while to realize that that squiggle that kept appearing when she did that was supposed to be a picture of Cookie Monster...

The "La La La" song. ("La la la, LINOLEUM!")

Bert & Ernie count with the letter Q. ("10 Q! 10 Q! 10 Q!" "You're welcome, you're welcome, you're welcome, Bert! *Ernie snicker*")