Pigs singing the Happy Wanderer

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Special Announcement

I would just like to say that I think it's very flattering to our trio of piggies that Ed AKA The Count has officially included them in his 19th edition of Muppet Character listings.:super::cool:

A big thank you Ed and the piggies thank you as well.:excited:

Kiki

Reaction score
Haha, I'm on my dad's laptop, which was wireless, so I can check these out. :big_grin: Awesome-as, thanks for posting! :big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I'm glad you like it Kiki. What do you think of the German dub compared with the original?

Personally I think it's very well done except maybe for the screams of all three pigs. At least the first two who fall seem to me a little weak and less realistic sounding. The last pig with the boulders isn't too bad though his scream lasts perhaps a bit too long. The original is cut off quick to imply he's squashed to death while this one seems to linger.

But still very good. Do you agree with my views Kiki?

Kiki

Reaction score
I'm glad you like it Kiki. What do you think of the German dub compared with the original?

Personally I think it's very well done except maybe for the screams of all three pigs. At least the first two who fall seem to me a little weak and less realistic sounding. The last pig with the boulders isn't too bad though his scream lasts perhaps a bit too long. The original is cut off quick to imply he's squashed to death while this one seems to linger.

But still very good. Do you agree with my views Kiki?
I do (again, sorry for not replying to the PMs earlier on- I haven't been on the computer for a couple of days), Marty. I love watching things in different languages, lol, but the screams where a little weird, heehee. Obviously I prefer the original, but German is kind of appropiete in a way (guh, I think I'm thinking of Austrian *lol*)... I like it.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I do (again, sorry for not replying to the PMs earlier on- I haven't been on the computer for a couple of days), Marty. I love watching things in different languages, lol, but the screams where a little weird, heehee. Obviously I prefer the original, but German is kind of appropiete in a way (guh, I think I'm thinking of Austrian *lol*)... I like it.
HeeHeeHee. Austrian and Australian are so very similar indeed Kiki.:big_grin:

Reminds me of a joke I heard about 200 crates of boomerangs being shipped to Austria by mistake. Then again maybe similar sort of things have happened in small deliveries between the two countries in real life. LOL:wink:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Incidentally Kiki, I wonder what that exclamation the leader piggy made in German was after the second piggy fell? It sounds like "Kien po" It must mean something like "Dear me" :big_grin:

Also I'd like to know just what he says to the middle piggy after the first one falls. I know what the obvious assumption is of course, but I wonder whether it's an exact translation of "Watch your step" or could it be something at least closely along the lines of it? It certainly must make hilarious sense to German or Austrian people. That's fersure. :wink:

Kiki

Reaction score
HeeHeeHee. Austrian and Australian are so very similar indeed Kiki.

Reminds me of a joke I heard about 200 crates of boomerangs being shipped to Austria by mistake. Then again maybe similar sort of things have happened in small deliveries between the two countries in real life. LOL:wink:
Lol! That's hilerious!

Incidentally Kiki, I wonder what that exclamation the leader piggy made in German was after the second piggy fell? It sounds like "Kien po" It must mean something like "Dear me" :big_grin:

Also I'd like to know just what he says to the middle piggy after the first one falls. I know what the obvious assumption is of course, but I wonder whether it's an exact translation of "Watch your step" or could it be something at least closely along the lines of it? It certainly must make hilarious sense to German or Austrian people. That's fersure. :wink:
Heehee. ^^ When I can, I'm gonna re-watch it, because I found that a lot of the dialogue wasn't all that clear.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Well as soon as you do Kiki please be sure to add your thoughts upon these comments of mine. :big_grin:

I'm really loving this discussion. :wink:

Kiki

Reaction score
So am I, but I hope to use my Dad's laptop to access the clips. Youtube doesn't work on my laptop at present for some reason... :concern: