Tartakovsky directing Dark Crystal sequel

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Thanks for clearing this up! Any chance you got any new pics? Thanks for doin' what you do best!

dabauckham

Reaction score
see next page (sorry I accidentally posted three times :frown:

dabauckham

Reaction score
See below (I accidently posted twice and don't know how to delete!):mad:

dabauckham

Reaction score
Hey GelfingWaldo,

I followed the link to your page, but the photo is not loading properly! Is this a temporary thing? - I'd love to see a pic.

You all probably know about this already, but there are some cool concept drawings on muppetwiki: http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Power_of_the_Dark_Crystal

I for one am psyched about this project! I know it's easy to get pessimistic with all the competition against the muppets these days, but I think this is going to rock. :smile:

-David

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
dabauckham said:
Hey GelfingWaldo,
I followed the link to your page, but the photo is not loading properly! Is this a temporary thing? - I'd love to see a pic.
Everything should be working with the pic (it might have been a temporary thing with the blog server, so try again). Also check out http://powerofthedarkcrystal.blogspot.com/ for more images and updates.

dabauckham

Reaction score
One thought about the upcoming movie:

I think that the idea of good and evil being somewhat blurred is very intriguing. Kira and Jen were the undisputed heroes in the first movie, but in this movie, it's not as clear - they're not willing to sacrifice something (i.e. the shard) that is so important to them in order to save another race. So the girl has to steal the shard! Who's good and who's bad? I feel like the lines are much less clear with this storyline, and I for one am intrigued. With Brian Froud on board and a well-regarded director (not to mention some level of involvement from Frank Oz), this sounds like a good thing. It certainly has a LOT of potential.

Quick question: are there other muppeteers who are suspected to be involved in the project besides Frank, or is this still undisclosed?

Cheers,

David

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Thanks again GelflingWaldo! You know, I hadn't really thought of the story line like that dabauckham, that's an interesting question.

cabbageheat

Reaction score
Are we sure this film is still in the works? I find it a bit bizarre that we have not seen anything in months, or heard a peep in a long time, yet we are already getting stills/images/clips for movies coming out next year for films like The Dark Knight, and many others.

What is going on? Are they really making this film?