Questions for Fraggle's Terry Angus

minor muppetz

Reaction score
ButchCat said:
In fact I think it’s safe to say although very sad that you will probably not see “The Muppet Family Christmas” come out in DVD uncut or anyway as the characters have three different owners now. Sesame Street- Sesame Workshop, Muppets – Muppet’s Holding Company (Disney) and Fraggle Rock – The Jim Henson Company. So although it would be a nice treat to see the promo don’t count on it. Thanks minor-muppetz
It never has been released uncut. However, I think an uncut release would be possible. I don't know how Henson would feel about the use of it's Fraggle Rock characters, but I'm sure that Sesame Workshop would allow the Sesame Street characters to be included. SW has already allowed Disney to release The Muppet Show: Season One with Ernie and Bert's sceen from the secodn episode of The Muppet Show (also, Bert made a cameo in The Muppet Show: Sex and Violence), and The Muppet Movie and Great Muppet Caper were recently re-released, and as far as I know all Sesame Street cameos from those movies were included. Additionally, Disney has allowed for Kermit's scenes to be included in new episodes of Sesame Street, and also in new DVD releases.

Also, The Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppet Treasure Island were recently released on DVD again, and though I don't have tese releases, I think thye are both uncut. Both movies feature many minor characters from Fraggle Rock, and I think some other productions owned by Henson. Of course, Sprocket is probably the only characters from Fraggle Rock featured in either movie that people would probably know about. I don't know if Disney knew to get permission, or if Henson didn't care that such obscure characters were on a Disney release (though Henson should most definately know about Sprocket).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, I just watched the opening sequence for Follo That Bird, and Biff is there, though he can hardly be seen. It's not a shot that would be cut-off by full-frame. He can be seen as the camera is moving up, but for the msot part during that openign shot Biff is blocked by some lights on the building that's across the street from 123 Sesame Street. And it seems like he is also there when Big Bird leaves (I always thought that was Forgetful Jones), and in that scene he switched places with the hman. I can't really tell if Sully is there with him, but I don't think he is.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here's a question that I started wondering: Do you still get paid residuals for your work in any Henson productions that get shown on TV or DVD? I am assuming that you did get residuals in the first place (even though you didn't perform voices in many Henson productions). Of course, there aren't very many old Henson-related productions show on TV these days. Even though Disney owns the Muppets, and several of it's own television channels, these days the Muppets are usually only seen in new projects.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Wow! I got to get this off my back, he Mentioned my name, how cool is that!:smile:

Collgoff

Reaction score
Dear mr.Terry Angus,
I'm Collgoff short for Colleen Goff and I am new here but I have some Fraggle rock questions for you.
1. Why is the 30 minute work episode of Fraggle rock was the first episode to film?
2. Why the woman who played Ma Gorg in season 1 stop being doing Ma Gorg and then Cheryl Wagner did Ma Gorg the rest of the show?
3.When you told us why you took out the Storyteller Fraggle from Richard Hunt. But why Jerry Juhl chose you to fill in for Richard when he was doing stuff on Sesame street?
Well those are all the questions I can think of.
From
Collgoff

ButchCat

Reaction score
Hi Collgoff,

It’s always good to see someone new on here and I hope that you are having fun. Here are the best answers that I can give you.

1. the 30 minute work week was the pilot for Fraggle Rock to show what the show could look like and it had also let Henson and the CBC (Canadian Broadcast Corporation) as well as HBO see what problems there could be and what changes they would want.

As we know a pilot tends to look different from the rest of the series. The feeling was that they did not want that show to be the first to air as they felt it was not a proper episode to introduce the show. The reason they decided to write the episode to introduce Fraggle Rock around the 7th or 8th episode was to get a better handle on the characters themselves. So around that time the episode “Beginnings” was produced introducing who and what Fraggle Rock was.

2. Myra Fried was the first Ma Gorg and the reason she was replaced on Ma Gorg with Cheryl Wagner was not too clear to me. One reason I heard was that Jerry Juhl didn’t like the way Myra was doing the role. Myra did stay on for a bit to perform background with the rest of us but did leave after a bit. It must have hurt very badly for her to watch someone else doing Ma Gorg. I felt very badly for her.

3. Why Jerry Juhl chose me to work the Storyteller after Richard gave her up? Why not? All kidding aside. In those days I was real good with Muppet impersonations. I could do Kermit, Fozzie, Scooter and the list went on and I still can. I can only guess that was why he asked me to do her. He knew that I would sort of do it like Richard. In fact I asked Jerry “Do you want me to do it like Richard or different?” Jerry told me to do it the way I wanted to. So I decided to do it part Richard and made it my own as well.

Well that’s it and thanks for the questions Collgoff. Take care of yourself and have fun in whatever you do.

Terry Angus

P.S. to you all,

I did not realize until now that there have been some questions I did not answer here yet. So what I will do is copy these questions and the next two nights take the time to think about and answer them

ButchCat

Reaction score
Here's a question that I started wondering: Do you still get paid residuals for your work in any Henson productions that get shown on TV or DVD? I am assuming that you did get residuals in the first place (even though you didn't perform voices in many Henson productions). Of course, there aren't very many old Henson-related productions show on TV these days. Even though Disney owns the Muppets, and several of it's own television channels, these days the Muppets are usually only seen in new projects.
This one I can answer here ands now. My residuals ran out a long time ago. I guess in the original contracts I would get payed only so many years and then it would get smaller and smaller till the contract was finished. In fact it ran out before Disney got the Muppets.

ButchCat

Reaction score
Okay after looking at these letters. The remaining ones after my last letter is mostly comments. So I guess I don't need to answer anymore. Thanks guys and take care.

Terry Angus