~ Muppet Musique ~ (Updates)

KelseyPotter

Reaction score
Unfortunately, it's going to take more than righteous indignation to convince a big corporation to change anything.

You know what might work, though? If Disney started selling web domains for the express purpose of hosting mp3's or video clips or whatever. Think about it--you pay a monthly fee, probably the same monthly fee you pay for any other web domain, and Disney gets the money for that, plus they get reigning control over the websites, so when they release a song on CD--and ONLY then--they can yank the mp3.

Am I the only one that thinks that has a chance of working because I am a naive college student who has only completed a month's worth of the first class for her CJ minor?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
or they maybe read the forums.... heh, it's not like this place is all that secret.....
Ding, ding! You hit the nail on the head.

I've been telling people for YEARS that JHC, SW, and Diz all read these forums. They don't post, but they read. At least, they don't let us know it's them when they post.

Davina

Reaction score
well, one or two of them do tell us who they are.. though they're generally not the ones we have to "worry" about... heh...

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Disney: "How dare they enjoy The Muppets without us making money from it!"
I hope Disney don't start to tax people on listening to or watching anything that was released before they took over. lol.

Larxene

Reaction score
You know, all they have to do is release all the old stuff, unedited and in a format evertyone can access. I myself can't use iTunes on this computer so anything released there has to be traded for anyhow. If I could walk into F.Y.E. or Best Buy and see all the Sesame Street and Muppet albums on CD, remastered and unedited, you can bet that's where most of my paycheck would be going. As it is, I'm snapping up all the out of production ones my FYE has in it's bin, Elmo or not, just to get songs by my favorite Muppets and CD versions of older songs.

My suggestion: Put this stuff back in production unedited (because that's what WE want and WE'RE the ones buying it) and KEEP it in production long enough for the majority to get a copy (none of this 6 months only! Limited edition! crap)

Mr Devco

Reaction score
Muppet Musique isn't working

I tried going on the site to download all the ablums I didn't download yeat and it's gone :cry: does anyone here run this site?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Mr Devco... If you go back through this thread to about post #500, a few before that I think, you can read the reasoning behind why Sylinde Bren who runs Muppet Musique had to shut it down.

Hope this helps and have a good day.

Mr Devco

Reaction score
Ah. I understand. A least I got some of them. I think it's unfair that she had to take them down, especially since the albums are discontinued :cry:

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Ah. I understand. A least I got some of them. I think it's unfair that she had to take them down, especially since the albums are discontinued :cry:
Alot of the stuff, not all but alot, can be purchased second-hand from eBay. Hopefully we will see some of this stuff being re-released on CD in the near future. Disney own the rights, you would think they would want to make the most out of the material they now own.

Mr Devco

Reaction score
We NEED an uncut version of Muppet Family Christmas as The Christmas Toy!