Talking Big Bird, Cookie Monster, and Oscar

radionate

Reaction score
Question:

Does anyone have for trade, or know how many books and tapes were made for the talking Big Bird, Cookie Monster, and Oscar that came out in the late 80's? These are some of my favorite (and one of my only favorite) S.S. items. I have a thing for any animatronic toys, and am wondering how many advertures were made for these guys.

kansasteen14

Reaction score
I have no clue how many were made but just have to comment on this.when I was little I had the talking big bird and it WAS SO COOL.I wish I still had it,I can't believe how advance it was,i mean his mouth moved he talked all in all it was great.does anyone know where to find these anymore?

radionate

Reaction score
All three still amaze me to this day. From Oscar going in and out of his can, to Cookie Monsters Google eyes, they are incredible. I don't have mine in my place right now, they are packed up with most of my other Muppets at my folks house. Sigh. But soon, hopefully, I will be taking ownship of it all again, and I want to see about getting more books and tapes if there are any. Figured somebody around here would have to have a record of what was produced.

Also, if anyone has a Worlds of Wonder talking Charlie Brown or Goofy, let me know if you are interested in a trade or are just willing to part with them. They are the last two I need to finish my "set".

radionate

Reaction score
Worlds of Wonder (who came out with Teddy Ruxpin), came out with a bunch of talking figures. The best (in my opinion) were:

Mother Goose: Her head turned from side to side, and her beak and eyes moved. Could also buy the ugle Duckling to interact with her.

Snoopy: His ears, eyes, and mouth all moved. He had his WWI Flying Ace Outfit and a Jogging Outfit (there might have been more, but those are the only two I remember right now). Charlie Brown was also made. There was also a Woodstock, that was a fancy kind of puppet and is really cool. This is my favorite set.

Mickey Mouse: His Mouth and Eyes moved. Also could buy his bandleader and Fantasia outfits. Goofy was his accessory.

They are actually awsome and are well worth the effort to find!!!!!!!!!

Michael

Reaction score
Worlds of Wonder also produced a "Boppin' Baby Kermit and Miss Piggy" Not really as nice as the other items produced though. I agree the Mother Goose is fantastic and Mickey and Goofy interacting is also great.

The "partners" to the characters were never really that popular because the lines were always quite expensive and they didn't work unless you had the pair. So Goofy on his own etc wasn't much use.

Big Bird, Oscar and Cookie were made by Ideal and they really are very clever and one of the nicest Sesame Street products ever produced. Oscar popping up and down out of his can is a great feature.

Michael.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

I have Big Bird, Mickey and Goofy !

My cousin had all the Teddy Ruxpin set, I was young when i saw em, But i swear there was like 3 or 4 ?

I do remember the Caterpillar distincly !

See ya

radionate

Reaction score
Warrick,

Yeah, Teddy Ruxpin had Grubby the Catipiller as his "companion". There also were puppets of the little Firby like birds (can't remember their names, the evil Green dude, and the big purple fuzzy monster.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
I had a Big Bird-- you pulled a string in his back and his beak opened and closed. He didn't talk. In fact, he was based on the early Big Bird, with the really small head.

Gee, I feel old. :stick_out_tongue: