Review of the NEW Muppets.com

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
KermieBaby47 said:
I really wish they'd put something on there about Master Replica's Kermit, and Kermit's new book as well. They could even talk about the new French show somewhere, and the "Muppets Ahoy" cruise show could use some publicity too.
yeah me too! :smirk:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
MWoO said:
The site stinks. It had great potential, but in the endi t's a lot of flash and no substance.
ALL the Disney sites are ALL in flash!

MWoO

Reaction score
all flash as in all flashy but nothing really there. Like a car that has a great paint job but no engine. Might be nice to look at once in ahwile, but there really isn't anything there.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Good analogy MWoO.

Has anyone else been able to find a way to contact them and let them know that the site is lacking?

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
KermieBaby47 said:
Good analogy MWoO.

Has anyone else been able to find a way to contact them and let them know that the site is lacking?
the Muppets Records has had the "Comming Soon" on it for the past year! and the Muppet Store on Disney Shopping.com NEED new a(and More) Muppets stuff, i called the Disney Sgopping.com's number and skope to a nice guy asking him IF thee ANY new Muppet stuff in the works (toys, t-shirts, snowglobe, etc.) he sayed he didnt know, but the next day after "barking" i seen the New Christmas cd on there.

SesameStMuppets

Reaction score
Personally, the site had potential... but it's been,what, 2 years? Besides DVD previews, it hasn't been updated AT ALL! I'm still waiting for Muppet Records or whatever you call it. Also, maybe some fan merchandice that isn't over $200, stuff that we would actually have fun once we recieve it!

To make it better:
* Monthly newsletters/ revisions for us to keep up with this band of great characters! (I understand that new things don't happen every month, but it would even be nice to get some info on some of the new performers who will be replacing the old heavy-weights some time in the unfortunate future...)

* Short films of something funny (mix between Muppettisms from Muppet Party Cruise games and :sleep: &:boo: on Movies.com. released every couple of weeks/ months

* (Somewhat unrelated to the site) but an 'iMuppet' section with classic songs from movies, tv shows, some new stuff to be similar to iTunes, where fans buy songs to download onto their iPods

I know that some (if not all of this) is impossible. But you would think a company as big as Disney could promote their own characters a bit... I guess we could save that for a perfect world :smile: .

mrsieve

Reaction score
Personally, the site had potential... but it's been,what, 2 years? Besides DVD previews, it hasn't been updated AT ALL! I'm still waiting for Muppet Records or whatever you call it. Also, maybe some fan merchandice that isn't over $200, stuff that we would actually have fun once we recieve it!

To make it better:
* Monthly newsletters/ revisions for us to keep up with this band of great characters! (I understand that new things don't happen every month, but it would even be nice to get some info on some of the new performers who will be replacing the old heavy-weights some time in the unfortunate future...)

* Short films of something funny (mix between Muppettisms from Muppet Party Cruise games and :sleep: &:boo: on Movies.com. released every couple of weeks/ months

* (Somewhat unrelated to the site) but an 'iMuppet' section with classic songs from movies, tv shows, some new stuff to be similar to iTunes, where fans buy songs to download onto their iPods

I know that some (if not all of this) is impossible. But you would think a company as big as Disney could promote their own characters a bit... I guess we could save that for a perfect world :smile: .

I couldn't agree with you more. Plus, I would hope that they would have a bigger download section (wallpapers, etc.).

peyjenk

Reaction score
Personally, the site had potential... but it's been,what, 2 years? Besides DVD previews, it hasn't been updated AT ALL!
No joke. I was just over there, and they are still advertising Muppet Wizard of Oz as being on DVD August 9th. :rolleyes: