Gobo's wicked cool hats!

Frogster

Reaction score
I've always thought that Gobo's hats were neat because he wore such a variety of them. Does anyone know which episodes he wore one in? I'd like to look those up. Also, does anyone know where I can hear the song, "The Rock Goes On"? I haven't heard this song since I was five. If anyone can give me a link to go to to listen, that'd be awesome! And have a great day, everyone! :smile:

baby sinclair

Reaction score
Dude whats with the questions.You ask some crazy stuff that no one ever thinks about.No offense your tooo observative.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
I like it when people are really observative. They ask all the questions either I'm afraid to ask or ones I'd never think of asking. Unfortunatley, I can't answer your question either on acount of I haven't seen Fraggle Rock since I was like, five.

Frogster

Reaction score
Sorry about the questions, but since I'm in college and the only one in the family who has a computer, my brother who has downs syndrome and loves fraggle rock and muppet show has my mom write down questions and he sends the questions to me...I try to spread out the questions so they're not all in one day. My brother's a real thinker! I kinda agree with you on that note, Baby Sinclair. Sorry once again...He watches it a lot and that's one way we connect as brothers. He keeps me young.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Don't apologize man, that's what this board is for! Communication and information! :big_grin:

I don't know the answer either, but I'm sure someone here will definitely know and help ya out!

:smile:
Anthony

Beakerfan

Reaction score
That's kinda cool of you to do. My cousin has downs and she can be alot like that at times, too. But because she's only four, she'd rather mimic things or tell people what to do.

Foodie

Reaction score
Frogster said:
I've always thought that Gobo's hats were neat because he wore such a variety of them. Does anyone know which episodes he wore one in? I'd like to look those up. Also, does anyone know where I can hear the song, "The Rock Goes On"? I haven't heard this song since I was five. If anyone can give me a link to go to to listen, that'd be awesome! And have a great day, everyone! :smile:
Jeepers. Gobo wears hats in so many episodes. I think the only way to find out is to watch them all and take notes.

Hmmm... some hats of note for Gobo would be like... the derby with the feather sticking out the top that seemed to have started out as part of his new look when it was introduced in " We Love You Wembley ". I think that's the only hat that ever makes it into photo shoots and onto a few of the Gobo toys like that little Gobo time-piece figure and the Schleich PVC figure. ( Both of which should be in the Fraggle Collectibles archive ).

Another note-worthy hat in the G's wardrobe would be the knit stocking hat he wore in " A Friend In Need " since it played into the plot of that episode and was actually commented on as it wound up in Sprocket's maw. " Here lies Gobo's hat " * bawls * I think that's the same hat that he wears during the.... three times we see him in winter garb ( which would be " The Bells of Fraggle Rock ", the " Goodtime Goomba Soup " episode and during the fraggles' appearance in " The Muppet Christmas .... thing at Fozzi's Grandmother's house ". I'm a little rusty on my titles ).

I dunno what one would call the hat he wore in " The Grapes of Generosity " but it had it's time in the spotlight when he stuffed grapes under it to hide them from Mokey ( who in turn wanted to get the pattern for the hat due to it's odd shape from having being stuffed with grapes ). That's also the episode wear you can see Gobo with his cheeks stuffed with grapes. Hee hee.

Another cool hat of Gobo's is the one he has on in " Gobo's School For Explorers ". I dunno what the technical name for it is though but it's that tan & kinda leathery-looking hat with the long flaps that cover the back of his head down to his shoulders. I believe he was wearing that hat briefly in the toe tickler episode when it was discovered that Mokey was blocked inside that cavern with the hole in the ceiling. It's a sort of hat you'd see some one wear while riding a camel.

Heck, if I keep going, I may end up listing them all. Heh heh. Eeeesh.

Nick

Uhhhhh... :smirk:

Frogster

Reaction score
Episodes I've seen :smirk: wear a hat:
Tune for Two
Perfect Blue Rollie
Friend in Need
Born to Wander
Gobo's School for Explorers
The Great Radish Caper
Scared Silly
The Bells of Fraggle Rock
We Love You Wembley
Dark and Stormy Night
The Grapes Of Generosity

Frogster

Reaction score
I might have it all figured out :smirk: ...here are the episodes featuring Gobo wearing hats and what they look like:
We Love you, Wembley (has a feather on top; view this at fragglerocker.com)
The Challenge (looks like Mr. Potato Head's Hat)
A Friend in Need (stocking cap)
Manny's Land of Carpets (bulky snow cap with earwarmers; don't ask why...)
Day the Music Died (flannel, taxi cab hat)
A Cave of One's Own (oblong, yellow, and bowl-like)
Invasion of the Toe Ticklers (wears it at the end, Arabian travel hat)
Bells of Fraggle Rock (stocking cap)
Boober and the Glob (meant for Joke Day, a top hat with long purple feather)
Grapes of Generosity (a beanie with a tassel at the end)
Blanket of Snow, Blanket of Woe (stocking cap)
Home is Where the Trash is (a hat like Uncle Matt's)
Wembley and the Mean Genie (a beanie with tassel at the end)
Secret Society of Poohbahs (Poohbah costume, also part of mask, tall & black)
Gobo's School for Explorers (a flat round tan hat)
Scared Silly (like a beanie, but with a front bill)
The Great Radish Caper (upside-down top with a tassel at the end)
Born to Wander (off-white hat, brim all around with beads hanging off it)
A Dark and Stormy Night (Mr. Potato Head-looking hat)
Uncle Matt's Discovery (small Mexican sombrero)
A Tune for Two (beanie with tassel at the end)
Perfect Blue Rollie (beanie with feather at the end)
The Voice Inside (tap-dancing hat)
Trial of Cotterpin Doozer (racoon hat; neat)
How was that? Did I miss anything?

Collgoff

Reaction score
I might have it all figured out :smirk: ...here are the episodes featuring Gobo wearing hats and what they look like:
We Love you, Wembley (has a feather on top; view this at fragglerocker.com)
The Challenge (looks like Mr. Potato Head's Hat)
A Friend in Need (stocking cap)
Manny's Land of Carpets (bulky snow cap with earwarmers; don't ask why...)
Day the Music Died (flannel, taxi cab hat)
A Cave of One's Own (oblong, yellow, and bowl-like)
Invasion of the Toe Ticklers (wears it at the end, Arabian travel hat)
Bells of Fraggle Rock (stocking cap)
Boober and the Glob (meant for Joke Day, a top hat with long purple feather)
Grapes of Generosity (a beanie with a tassel at the end)
Blanket of Snow, Blanket of Woe (stocking cap)
Home is Where the Trash is (a hat like Uncle Matt's)
Wembley and the Mean Genie (a beanie with tassel at the end)
Secret Society of Poohbahs (Poohbah costume, also part of mask, tall & black)
Gobo's School for Explorers (a flat round tan hat)
Scared Silly (like a beanie, but with a front bill)
The Great Radish Caper (upside-down top with a tassel at the end)
Born to Wander (off-white hat, brim all around with beads hanging off it)
A Dark and Stormy Night (Mr. Potato Head-looking hat)
Uncle Matt's Discovery (small Mexican sombrero)
A Tune for Two (beanie with tassel at the end)
Perfect Blue Rollie (beanie with feather at the end)
The Voice Inside (tap-dancing hat)
Trial of Cotterpin Doozer (racoon hat; neat)
How was that? Did I miss anything?
No I don't think so!