Muppet Film and TV References

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Or quite possibly . . . "Martin Luther King had a dream. Dreams are where Elmo and Toy Story had a party, and I went there!"

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Just saw a commercial for Gordon Ramsay, where he's gonna be fixing up a restaurant run by a warring divorced couple. He calls them Muppets. :stick_out_tongue:

APRena

Reaction score
Just saw a commercial for Gordon Ramsay, where he's gonna be fixing up a restaurant run by a warring divorced couple. He calls them Muppets. :stick_out_tongue:
I think it's like a common British insult, but it still makes me laugh. :stick_out_tongue:

Davina

Reaction score
question then becomes.. why would anyone think being called a muppet was an insult....
hrm...

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
As posted on Facebook by Jodi:
"Murphy and Sam are just like the two old guys in the balcony on The Muppet Show. Just like them! Except not as funny."

:boo: :sleep:

haakonsmary

Reaction score
I didn't catch the whole episode of Community, but at the very end, two characters were dressed up as Bert and Ernie and they did a bit as them, then they "ate" cookies and had the cookies fall out of their mouths just as though they were Muppets.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
On an episode of Jeopardy today, one of the three contestants mentioned that their father was the man they named Oscar the Grouch after. :grouchy:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Nostalgia Chick mentions Piggy in her Smurfette Syndrome vid.
Just saw this. She also mentions The Muppet Babies heavily too, but nods to the Muppets a few times in that video, which to date, I think is her best and most compelling.

On the Howard Stern connection again:
Howard 100 news today covered Stern's stylist Ralph Cirella's opinion of producer Gary "Bababooey" Dell'Abate and his Techno Beaver costume, claiming it was of poor quality. Cirella went on to say that if someone reputable, like "the Jim Henson Shop" designed the outfit, it would have some merit.