Muppet Film and TV References

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Nostalgia Chick mentions Piggy in her Smurfette Syndrome vid.

haakonsmary

Reaction score
Tonight on The Jay Leno Show, Jay had Jimmy Fallon on for the 10 @ 10 segment. Jimmy was in his studio in NY, and he showed everyone the pipes that the Muppeteers had painted decades ago while they were waiting to go on a show. The pipes are now preserved behind plexi-glass.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
MSJ reference again. There was a segment called "There's a new Muppet on Sesame Street-And she's famous!" about Carrie Underworm. They also talked about the "Dust in the Wind" video.

APRena

Reaction score
Real life example: Today in math, my teacher asks, "Do you guys remember that thing from Sesame Street..." and before she can even finish the question everyone goes "Yes!" in unison. :big_grin: (I know how to tell the difference between when radicals are supposed to be added or distributed now.)

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Tonight on The Jay Leno Show, Jay had Jimmy Fallon on for the 10 @ 10 segment. Jimmy was in his studio in NY, and he showed everyone the pipes that the Muppeteers had painted decades ago while they were waiting to go on a show. The pipes are now preserved behind plexi-glass.
Oh wow, they're still there? That is so freakin' awesome!

Fozzmit

Reaction score
In one Simpsons episode, I forget which one exactly, The Simpsons were in jail, and so was Elmo.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
For the celebrity question on Who Wants to be a Millionaire? just now, the question was about the species of Oscar's pet Slimey, and the question was asked by Grover. :big_grin::super::grouchy:

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Murphy, Sam, and Jodi sure are Muppet fans. :smile: They did a recipe for Swedish meatballs today, and they were trying to think of things that are from Sweden. "Sam, the Swedish Chef is from Sweden." :hungry:

Teheheman

Reaction score
In one Simpsons episode, I forget which one exactly, The Simpsons were in jail, and so was Elmo.
It was Bart Mangled Banner, and apparently there was another reference on the Simpsons last night where Ralph said that he had a dream like Martin Luther King, only his dream was that Elmo, Toy Story and him had a party or something like that. I remember the dream part, I just didn't remember who was in the dream.

Daniel

Drtooth

Reaction score
His exact line was "A dream is where Elmo and Toy Story had a party and I was invited." The drawing was of him, Elmo and Buzz Lightyear.