Change of Address

SCOOTER_101

Reaction score
How did everyone feel when they first saw the final episode of Fraggle Rock? I remember being devestated that Morning. It was March 31, 1988. I rember after seeing the episode. Going into my room and putting my face into a pillow and crying. I never thought it was possible for such a great show to come to an end. Then the day after that April fools day no less. I turn to HBO to watch Fraggle Rock and some Animated Tom Sawyer cartoon was on instead. I couldn't believe it. It just wasn't fair. How did everyone else feel the first time they saw Change of Address??

W

Wembley Fraggle

Hey,

I thought it was a very good way to end the series. I was only about 2 or 3 when it ended, but never the less my first time seeing it was after seeing all the other episodes and it was quite sad, but in a good way.

All good things have to come to an end, same goes for television series. It's not very often that a childrens series let alone a mature tv series actually gets to end itself and make a final episode. Most often the series will just not be picked up for another season. So of coarse Fraggle Rock was specail in that way.

When I first saw it I thought it was kinda cool the way the last 3 episodes more or less lead up to it. Anyone who had seen the last couple of episodes had to of known the big ending was coming very soon. In fact I'm pretty sure you could somehow put those last 3 episodes together and make some sort of a movie to the ending of Fraggle Rock. I really liked the way there wasn't the typical 3 scenes with Doc & Sprocket, and that for once the worlds of the Garden, Rock, and Outer Space all sorta communicated in the episode.

Overall it was one of the best ways to end a series and of coarse theres 96 episodes which is an aweful lot to look back on and watch, so no need to cry :smile: Plus if you do what I did and leave about 5 episodes out and never watch them, then whenever you need a serious Fraggle Fix you can pop one of those episodes in and feel like its a new one, lol.

Jackie

Reaction score
It was a very satisfying ending...yet it was a very very sad thing to see end...

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
I'm changin' my address---to Dorothy St. New Jersey, baby!! :big_grin:

Really!

I am!

FRYMYHIDE!!!!

WemblinKate

Reaction score
I know this thread is kind of an old one but I finally got registered to the new forum and I felt compelled to write my response.

Oddly enough, the first time I saw the final episode of Fraggle Rock was a little over a week ago.

When the show aired on television I was too young to remember much, so I rely on my tapes from those times a lot. But I never had the final episode on tape so I was waiting for a long time to see it.

When I did recieve it in the mail in April, I quite frankly didn't want to watch it. I mean it sounds silly to some because I had waited to anxiously and for so long to finally see the last 2 episodes of my favorite show. But now that I could I was scared. I didn't want the magic to end, I spent so much of my time feeling that Fraggle Rock never really did end, that the stories just kept going and going. I was kind of in denial that the show had ended.

I decided that I needed to see the end. And when I did, let's just I was quite emotional and quite loud. It was about midnight and here I was screaming at a television screen to not let Doc leave without saying good-bye to Gobo, tears streaming down my face. I'm sure most people would take one look at that image and laugh out loud. But it was so incredibly emotional for me. I'm an emotional person by myself, but watching the show for so much of my life, relating to the characters, singing the songs in my sleep, relating pretty much everything in life to something fragglish, but more importantly watching these characters grow. And I most say, I was pleased. In the end the whole world of Fraggle Rock had changed for the better and Jim got his message across. I loved the episodes and I don't want to watch them over an over again so that I ruin them, but I must say, They were extremely well done in my mind and I'll never forget watching them for the first time.

-Wemblin' Kate (a.k.a. Wemblin' Cora from the old forum)

beaker

Reaction score
>>>But it was so incredibly emotional for me. I'm an emotional person by myself, but watching the show for so much of my life, relating to the characters, singing the songs in my sleep, relating pretty much everything in life to something fragglish, but more importantly watching these characters grow<<<

Oh man...that final episode of fr. wow. I have only seen it 3 times since I got it in a tape trade 4 years ago. It is seriosuly one of the most tear forming moving Muppet realted things to me next to the belefonte tms speach, and tribute to jh.

that song 'magic be with you' always gets me so emotional, heh.
one of the best last episodes of a series i have ever seen, and a true testament to how great and important that show was.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
I personally feel that FR had one of the best endings of any TV series ever!

There were some other good ones (the 2 1/2 hour finale of M*A*S*H comes to mind), but FR is in my top two or three for sure.

Certainly the best ending of a Henson series, and probably the best ending of any show even remotely meant for the young (or young at heart :stick_out_tongue:). It was an ending that could show people that goodbye isn't always forever.

- Billy :cool:

Collgoff

Reaction score
How did everyone feel when they first saw the final episode of Fraggle Rock? I remember being devestated that Morning. It was March 31, 1988. I rember after seeing the episode. Going into my room and putting my face into a pillow and crying. I never thought it was possible for such a great show to come to an end. Then the day after that April fools day no less. I turn to HBO to watch Fraggle Rock and some Animated Tom Sawyer cartoon was on instead. I couldn't believe it. It just wasn't fair. How did everyone else feel the first time they saw Change of Address??
Now now Jim Henson knew how you feel!
When the writers decide to have the show end but Jim Henson didn't want Fraggle Rock end but he let them do it any.
I learned that on the seanson 4 and 5 DVD of Fraggle Rock!
Hopely in the future there will be a Fraggle Rock movie and I'm dying to see it.

PanthraDion

Reaction score
Well, I have the entire DVD set, and when I first got to the final episode I got all chocked up. I love Fraggle Rock as much as I love the Muppets, and really wish that the Fraggles and Fraggle Rock would make a come back. But that is just my opinion.

Quazimoto

Reaction score
I cried the first (and just about every) time I've seen the final episode of Fraggle Rock. Not only is it a wonderfully emotional and meaningful episode, but it meant that Fraggle Rock was over (which I still find a bit sad even though I can watch the DVDs anytime I want).

I personally feel that "Change Of Address" is the best ending to a television series I've ever seen. It really was the perfect way to end an incredible, once in a lifetime, series. There never has been and never will be another show quite like Fraggle Rock. Truly Henson's crowning achievement if you ask me and that's saying something with the quality and overall enjoyability of The Muppet Show and the first three Muppet movies (not that the other movies were bad by any means). Overall, while it's till sad that such a wonderful show had to end, at least we were given 96 amazing episodes.