The "I Did Something Stupid Today" Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh boy, did I do something stupid today. . . .

So, with a majority of the country raging about "this is fake news," and "that is fake news," and what have you, I thought about how much Gary Gnu's saying of, "No g'news is good g'news," rings so true even today . . . so saying, I tried my hand a little political cartoon of both sides attacking the other for spreading "fake news" and how Gary remarks this is what he's been talking about for over thirty years.

Now, I'm friends with Jim Martin on Facebook (he was suggested to me based on mutual friends suggestions), so I thought I'd share it with him, and . . . well, as it turns out, he's actually not the same Jim Martin at all, just another puppetry enthusiast who just happens to share the same name.

I am so embarrassed I almost want to just go hide in shame.

:embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I got the Terminators confused. There are soooooo many of them that it's hard to keep track of them all, okay!? Out of all of the Terminators so far, this one is by far my favorite:
Wow, that robot puppy looks almost like my dog except with glowing red eyes and an evil Satanic death stare. Other than that, it looks exactly like my sweet little dog who I love so much, :stick_out_tongue:.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Oh boy, did I do something stupid today. . . .

So, with a majority of the country raging about "this is fake news," and "that is fake news," and what have you, I thought about how much Gary Gnu's saying of, "No g'news is good g'news," rings so true even today . . . so saying, I tried my hand a little political cartoon of both sides attacking the other for spreading "fake news" and how Gary remarks this is what he's been talking about for over thirty years.

Now, I'm friends with Jim Martin on Facebook (he was suggested to me based on mutual friends suggestions), so I thought I'd share it with him, and . . . well, as it turns out, he's actually not the same Jim Martin at all, just another puppetry enthusiast who just happens to share the same name.

I am so embarrassed I almost want to just go hide in shame.

:embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:
Don't feel bad, I kinda always assumed that was the real Jim Martin too until you said something. But, hey, it's always great to be connected with other puppet fans, we gotta support each other, so it's great that you're Facebook friends! I'm sure you're making a bigger deal out of it then he is. In fact, using the name of someone else, i'm sure he anticipated the occasional misunderstanding. There's no way we're the first to make this mistake. Don't beat yourself up.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's ironic, because there was a period of time when Facebook gave me a number of Muppet/Henson people as friend suggestions, including but not limited to John Kennedy, Tyler Bunch, even Tau Bennett . . . and Jim Martin. And again, these were all based on mutual friends, so I figured there wouldn't be any harm in send them friend requests (so far, I don't believe Tyler ever accepted mine, but that's okay, I don't know him personally, so it's no big deal).

But years ago, I did some other Gary Gnu artwork and shared it on THE GREAT SPACE COASTER FB page that both Jim and his wife Crystal seemed to get a kick out of.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Reset my computer which erased all of my bookmarks and settings.

Wish I never did that.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So, I dunno if you wanna call this "stupid", but I ended up using a cheat code for the final boss in BloodRayne, only because I feel like it's just way too luck-based along with the last 2 boss fights.

Which disappoints me because it has such a great gameplay and story.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I brushed my teeth without thinking that I wasn't finished with my drink.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
I did this yesterday. I ran over my foot with a shopping cart. I was wearing sandals at the time, and wouldn't you know it, it was the same foot I broke in 2011!

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
*bump*

Anyway so today I was riding my bike and I wasn't watching where I was going and so I ran into a scooter riding that was lying on the pavement! :embarrassed:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I accidentally messed up a video that I uploaded to Archive.org, so now it’s going to have to get deleted.

And I cannot delete it myself because a staff member on the site has to do it instead.