The "I Did Something Stupid Today" Thread

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
This wasn't today but a while ago. I jokingly asked somebody who speaks Spanish
"How do you taco in Mexican?"
and they looked at me funny.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I already lost my mom's spare pair of sunglasses when I just got them from her yesterday as were leaving for our vacation.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I had an especially chewy lunch today: beef jerky and gummi worms.

My jaw is cramped something awful. :frown:

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I ever so stupidly thought that I could trim a Shih Tzu's nails on my own, but I was wrong! After I trimmed one nail, he started chewing on my hand that could've easily been a serious bite. A mistake like that will get me fired instantly. I don't know why I thought I could do it on my own. I knew better than that! Also, I thought my animal restraint technique was on point, but it's been rusty the past couple days! What is wrong with me?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I ever so stupidly thought that I could trim a Shih Tzu's nails on my own, but I was wrong! After I trimmed one nail, he started chewing on my hand that could've easily been a serious bite. A mistake like that will get me fired instantly. I don't know why I thought I could do it on my own. I knew better than that! Also, I thought my animal restraint technique was on point, but it's been rusty the past couple days! What is wrong with me?
You're way too hard on yourself. Everyone makes mistakes, you shouldn't beat yourself up every time you make one. Surely your boss/bosses understand that your only human, if they don't then maybe you shouldn't be working there in the first place.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Sounds to me like you're letting your mistakes get to you, and focusing on your past mistakes, which in turn is casing you to make more mistakes because you are so focused not making your previous mistakes again, if that even makes an ounce of sense.

Remember, everyone makes mistakes. Even people who claim to be experts make mistakes and are always learning. Instead of treating each mistake like a bad thing, and that there is something wrong, treat is as learning something new!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I actually registered a Twitter account today just for the sole purpose of following Kathy Greenwood since she's on Twitter now.