Sesame Street Character Voice Comparisons

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Well it definitely won't be me, I don't have the editing tools or skills to make them.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I would try to make one of Ernie when I have some time.
Yeah. I was just thinking about the fact that Billy isn't included in the Ernie voice comparison, so I'd like to hear some more comments on that one. Kee hee hee hee!

Drtooth

Reaction score
A while back ToughPigs was at a ToyFair( Toy Fair 2010 to be exact) and mentioned there was a selection of read-a-long CD's with cheap sound-a-like voice actors (punctuated with a joke about Abby's "smoker's cough"). Now, I've never seen or heard anything about these since that article, and I'm to assume these never quite made it to shelves or just were impossible to find. I'm intrigued if anyone actually got their hands on a copy and can rip the audio and post it here to to youtube. That is, if they were released.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
A while back ToughPigs was at a ToyFair( Toy Fair 2010 to be exact) and mentioned there was a selection of read-a-long CD's with cheap sound-a-like voice actors (punctuated with a joke about Abby's "smoker's cough"). Now, I've never seen or heard anything about these since that article, and I'm to assume these never quite made it to shelves or just were impossible to find. I'm intrigued if anyone actually got their hands on a copy and can rip the audio and post it here to to youtube. That is, if they were released.
I'm really curious about what Rosita and Cookie Monster sound like. Rosita's voice seems like it would be pretty hard to imitate as it's fairly close to Carmen's actual voice.

Jared DiCarlo

Reaction score
Yup, Matt Vogel is doing Count Von Count right now:
I don't know why, but something about Matt's voice for The Count really bothers me. I guess Jerry's voice has been permanently ingrained in my mind that I can't imagine someone else doing it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm really curious about what Rosita and Cookie Monster sound like. Rosita's voice seems like it would be pretty hard to imitate as it's fairly close to Carmen's actual voice.
The whole thing just raises questions for me. We're they that cheap they'd have to record soundalikes? Though, frankly, it wouldn't have been the first time as older book and recordings couldn't get in all the performers to do their respective voices, for example...

they had Fran and Carol on hand, Frank, Jerry, and Jim? Not so much. Of course the narrator isn't really trying all that hard to sound like Frank or Jerry's characters here.

Then there's the question of where these released? I've never heard or seen of them since that TP report. I'd love to hear how bad the soundalikes are.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
They did that in the 80's with the Super Grover golden book VHS with only Frank, Fran, & Carroll.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Those Golden Book VHSs often had performers missing. EVERYONE MAKES MISTAKES had Caroll and Fran on hand for Big Bird and Little Bird, but since they didn't have Loretta Long, Susan is renamed Mrs. Washington. Likewise, BIG BIRD BRINGS SPRING TO SESAME STREET has Caroll, Frank, and Fran, and Maria is renamed Delores since they didn't have Sonia Manzano.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I swear there was either a Sesame Street or Fraggle Rock Book and recording that didn't have anyone and they just narrated the whole thing with one guy.

But I assume these are much different cases with these "lost" Child Guidance recordings, where they just didn't bother to get any of the original cast and just got sound-a-likes. I'm wondering if the fact they used unofficial sound a like actors was why these were hard to find, as they wouldn't seem quality. Sounds like that very well could be the case.

Off topic, there's a Muppet Babies recording that uses Maurice LaMarche as Baby Animal instead of either Dave Coulier or Howie Mandel. I should have put it up on Youtube before I lost Windows Movie Maker. Suffice to say he sounds a tiny bit like Dizzy Devil.