Jerry Juhl and MTM

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I always wonder if MTM would be better if Jerry Juhl would have written for the film.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Better as in even better? :wink:
Yes of course, I am not hating on MTM, though ranking wise of the theatrical films it is 5th out of 8, I feel with Jerry Juhl he would have made the film more muppety, I mean there is this whole portion of the film where we only see Kermit, Miss Piggy, and Rizzo and the rats, while I love MTM, I think Jerry Juhl would have made it even better, and higher on my list.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I mean there is this whole portion of the film where we only see Kermit, Miss Piggy, and Rizzo and the rats
Yeah I think they always struggled with the size of the cast in the first three Muppet films. It was easier on TV when characters had multiple chances to shine. TMM had the best balance, everyone got their moment. GMC, love it, but it had way too many Muppet crowd scenes with most of the characters not really doing anything. MTM's solution was to make arguably the most heart felt Kermit and Piggy story of all time (with some Rizzo thrown in, yes, lol), but that did mean the other characters got the short end. Still, I personally don't mind because it makes their parting and reunion that much more touching. Those moments early on are genuinely upsetting because they made that bold choice to literally separate the characters. A lot of other films would have been too scared to go there. And one of my favorite parts of the whole movie is actually Scooter's letter, the way the "Together Again" theme plays as you hear him saying, "Have you sold the show yet? Have you heard from the gang?"

Pretty much sums up the entire MTM experience. You're crying a lot, but there's always someone holding your hand going, "It's gonna be OK, it'll be OK." Lol :cry::wink:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Yeah I think they always struggled with the size of the cast in the first three Muppet films. It was easier on TV when characters had multiple chances to shine. TMM had the best balance, everyone got their moment. GMC, love it, but it had way too many Muppet crowd scenes with most of the characters not really doing anything. MTM's solution was to make arguably the most heart felt Kermit and Piggy story of all time (with some Rizzo thrown in, yes, lol), but that did mean the other characters got the short end. Still, I personally don't mind because it makes their parting and reunion that much more touching. Those moments early on are genuinely upsetting because they made that bold choice to literally separate the characters. A lot of other films would have been too scared to go there. And one of my favorite parts of the whole movie is actually Scooter's letter, the way the "Together Again" theme plays as you hear him saying, "Have you sold the show yet? Have you heard from the gang?"

Pretty much sums up the entire MTM experience. You're crying a lot, but there's always someone holding your hand going, "It's gonna be OK, it'll be OK." Lol :cry::wink:
Actually, both TMM and GMC did it best by having a bunch of muppets towards the beginning and end, and in the middle there were at least three to four muppets around, in MTM there was next to no muppets in a good portion of the film besides a few making the film feel empty in a way, sure the letters helped, but I kind of wish at least Kermit and Fozzie could have been together, it would have made the film reach a higher position in my muppet movie ranking.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Actually, both TMM and GMC did it best by having a bunch of muppets towards the beginning and end, and in the middle there were at least three to four muppets around, in MTM there was next to no muppets in a good portion of the film besides a few making the film feel empty in a way, sure the letters helped, but I kind of wish at least Kermit and Fozzie could have been together, it would have made the film reach a higher position in my muppet movie ranking.
Well that's the point they're making in MTM, life is empty without your friends. And it wouldn't have come off nearly as well if they hadn't separated the characters. I felt the characters' affection for each other more precisely because they'd been forced apart. A lot of franchises make friendships a little too perfect where nothing ever goes wrong. That's only inspirational up to a point. Eventually you just start to feel bad that your real life and friendships arent so perfect, lol. But what happens to the Muppets in MTM is something anyone who graduates school and goes out into the world can relate to.