The RHLC!

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
I was reading in Jim Henson the Bio about how Richard had made some off comments about a gust star of the Muppet Show, and how David Lazer felt that Jim needed to really let Richard have it. So Lazer calls Richard into his office and chews him out to the point Richard was in tears. Then Lazer sends him to Jim's office and before Richard to get into the door Jim was there hugging Richard and telling him everything would be OK.
Such a sweet story. One time, I read about how Richard Hunt always liked to take off his Sweetums head, and relax, and read the newspaper, while having his Sweetums legs, still on.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Hello! This is muppetfan24/7 and I am one of the members of the RHLC community. Today I give a video that has been missing for many years. Finally, it has been found and there is Richard's performance of Scooter. You will now see Kermit & Scooter at the Oscars back in 1986. Enjoy and have a great day everyone.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Hello! This is muppetfan24/7 and I am one of the members of the RHLC community. Today I give a video that has been missing for many years. Finally, it has been found and there is Richard's performance of Scooter. You will now see Kermit & Scooter at the Oscars back in 1986. Enjoy and have a great day everyone.
Thank you! I haven't seen this one, yet, and I think it's awesome! " I have a frog in my throat." " HA HA HA!!! GETS ME EVERY TIME!!" Classic!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Hey thanks! This takes me back. I watched this at The Museum of TV & Radio back in 2005 and told everyone in the RHLC about it (you can find it in archives somewhere, lol). Glad to see the video's finally available for others to see. :wink:

Btw, that's where this photo came from: http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/tributes/hunt/fanarticle5.shtml

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
So... I'm new to the RHLC. Do you post stories about Richard Hunt that you have heard, or do you post videos???

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Wow, has anyone else heard this?! Richard Hunt's "verbal autograph" for Mike Quinn. Apparently we can blame Scooter for cancelling the Muppet Show! :wink:

https://soundcloud.com/quinnzone-studios/richard-hunt-verbal-autograph

"In the spring of 1980, at 15 years of age, I would regularly visit the taping of The Muppet Show in England. One day I took a tape recorder to record what I called "Verbal Autographs". One by one, in the Muppet workshop, I recorded most of the principle performers.

In classic Richard Hunt style, he went to town. HIs playful nature is captured beautifully here when at one moment he teases Guy Frazer Jones (assistant floor manager) who walks in the door with a new haircut!

Richard goes through his repertoire of Muppet characters: Scooter, Statler, Sweetums, Beaker, Janice and Bobby Benson. You can hear the workshop ambience in the background."

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Whoa, why am I just now discovering this thread? I love Richard, he's like the Ringo Starr of the Muppeteers. Every time I hear a new story about him, I love him even more. :flirt: :wink: :eek: :boo: :grr:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Whoa, why am I just now discovering this thread? I love Richard, he's like the Ringo Starr of the Muppeteers. Every time I hear a new story about him, I love him even more. :flirt: :wink: :eek: :boo: :grr:
He was special, no doubt. Yeah definitely check out the back log of this thread, there's tons of stories and links (some of the YouTube clips might be gone by now, but you never know hehe). One of Richard's relatives even visited us for awhile!