The Official "I'm looking for/trying to remember a sketch" thread

RobertK

Reaction score
Hi Robert K, welcome to Muppet Central. The reason you're not having any luck in finding what you're searching for is because those are from other sources that aren't Sesame/Muppet related segments.
Thanks, Count but definitely not from Schoolhouse Rock. We have that DVD and have watched it many times. Also, I rarely watched Animaniacs, although I was a fan of "Tiny Toons".

Does it help if I tell you that the two animals were wearing mortarboard (graduation) caps?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Not really due to my real-life blind batty eyes. The only SST animated sketches I know that had turtles in them would be the insert for the song "Ten Turtles" or the series of sketches featuring Edgar Turtle and his trio of nephews. Sorry I'm not much more help than that.

Bridget

Reaction score
I cannot find ANY sketches with Elizabeth and Little Murray Sparkles from Sesame Street online!

Devand

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Just stumbled across this forum, and was hoping someone here might be able to help me find some footage of my mom from 1975 (give or take a year or two).

The footage would likely have been on 'Canadian' sesame street, as it was filmed in Banff, AB, Canada.

She says the only thing she can remember clearly about it was that they were going up one of the mountains around here in a gondola, and that she was wearing a purple winter jacket (which leads me to believe that the setting for the skit would likely have been very wintery / snowy mountains).

Anyone have any idea where I should look for such a thing? Any advice at all would be much appreciated. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I cannot find ANY sketches with Elizabeth and Little Murray Sparkles from Sesame Street online!
Probably a good reason. They were far from memorable or enjoyable. Essentially the same gag as the Humphrey and Ingrid fawning over Baby Natasha, with the humor removed.

Though I do agree it sucks that there's so much missing footage from Sesame Street. SW has its work cut out for it with decades of footage to comb through, and I don't think any classic clip uploaders give a rat's fez of such a lame character.

Bridget

Reaction score
Okay, to be honest, that IS the truth isn't it? LOL. Thank you anyhow!

chudman1000

Reaction score
I've had this one clip stuck in my head for awhile now, but I have not been able to find it anywhere, so I am beginning to wonder if it really exists or if I just imagined it. It was a film clip about people running with a song sung over it (I thing it said "Everybody's running", or something along those lines). But the clip ended with Oscar running (in his trash can with his legs out). I tried looking at the clips for "Everybody Run", but that doesn't seem to match up so I am at a loss. Does anybody remember this, or am I just crazy? Lol!

BertsNose

Reaction score
A few sketches I'm trying to find myself...

Kermit talking about feet (mid-70s)

First of all I saw someone requested the clip where Kermit talks about feet. I never saw it as a kid but it's here. I wasn't sure if someone had already linked them to that sketch and as far as I know there was only one instance where Kermit talks about feet.

Anyway I apologize beforehand if I ask about a sketch someone already asked about/has found. As far as I can tell there's a lot of classic Sesame Street on youtube but not the sketches I want to see at the moment. Thanks to Muppet Wiki I memorized the plot of the sketches I want to watch. I don't remember much of anything about Sesame Street from when I was growing up so anything I might have seen back then is a blur. Someone on youtube even described a sketch that sounded absolutely hilarious and I hope someone can find the following:

-Grover tries to sell Kermit a toothbrush (there is one on youtube but it's in a language I can't understand)

-Kermit explains Some, More, and Most with Cookie Monster. According to Muppet wiki there was a demonstration with jellybeans and marbles and a second one with cookies. I don't know if they both were on the same episode but the pictures on MuppetWiki looked like the first season.

-Kermit does a lecture on walls and gets trapped by them

-Kermit and Cookie Monster sort shapes. I think it was a game Kermit made up.

-Kermit and Cookie Monster demonstrate the word "through". I think Kermit ends up crashing into the wall at the end according to how someone described it on youtube. I forget which video I saw someone mention that skit on.

-Kermit and Grover demonstrate "Up and Down" using a sky-high flight of stairs

-Kermit and Grover demonstrate heavy and light.

-Cookie Monster uses Ernie's phone. I never saw this one but if I remember correctly Ernie was waiting on a call from Bert.

I've never seen these before so I hope I described them well enough. Hopefully someone else remembers these.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Someone help me with this one. I don't even really know if it was a Sesame Street skit or not, but I swear there's something Muppety where someone mumbles a location and it gets translated as "Acamafloomfloom." It's a weird, esoteric thing and I'm sure someone here can remember that. I somehow got faint rumblings of some Muppet, possibly Sesame Street saying "Acamafloomfloom."