Favorite Muppet Movie?

snichols1973

Reaction score
I also decided on The Great Muppet Caper, because Zoot gets a few more lines in this film, as compared to the other movies.....

dwmckim

Reaction score
My all time Muppet flick? The Muppets Meet the Seven Brides of Piazadorilla.

...Or am i thinking of the The Three Stooges?

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
The Muppet Movie, no doubt. It's beautiful in every way, and the soundtrack can't be beat!

Muppet Christmas Carol is a super-cheerful second!! :smile:

And I must round it out with...Muppet Treasure Island. It's a much cooler film than I ever gave it credit when I was younger! As a kid it sure felt really overlong, though. I like how it's simultaneously gritty and colorful, and the Muppets singin' darkish pirate songs? Bring it.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
The Muppet Movie, no doubt. It's beautiful in every way, and the soundtrack can't be beat!

Muppet Christmas Carol is a super-cheerful second!! :smile:

And I must round it out with...Muppet Treasure Island. It's a much cooler film than I ever gave it credit when I was younger! As a kid it sure felt really overlong, though. I like how it's simultaneously gritty and colorful, and the Muppets singin' darkish pirate songs? Bring it.
I agree with you! I love The Muppet Movie and it was also my first and it's terrific I tell you.

The Muppet Christmas Carol! I am definetely watching that this year before it ends. You know why it's so special? Jerry had a moment to shine right after Jim and Richard passed away. I am not saying that he was rully like the boss, but it's sad that he won't be around for Christmas this year. However, I will still love this movie near and dear to my heart.

My third favorite Muppet movie might be, The Muppets Take Manhathann and my mom is gonna see it. This is fantasic!

Hubert

Reaction score
I guess I'll rank each movie:

1. The Muppet Movie
2. Muppet Treasure Island
3. Muppets Take Manhattan
4. The Muppets
5. Great Muppet Caper
6. Muppet Christmas Carol
15. Muppets Wizard of Oz and It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie.

I didn't rank Kermit's Swamp Years as its been too long since I saw it.

I honestly thought I was the only one who likes this movie the most!

Although I guess its honestly tied with Muppet Treasure Island and Muppets Take Manhattan. (It used to be tied with MTI and Great Muppet Caper until I discovered that the real world after university is finished really DOES make you feel like Kermit from MTM and I really connected with it.)
Ironically enough, I thought I was the only one who liked MTI from the negativity that stems from it on this forum...

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I guess I'll rank each movie:

1. The Muppet Movie
2. Muppet Treasure Island
3. Muppets Take Manhattan
4. The Muppets
5. Great Muppet Caper
6. Muppet Christmas Carol
15. Muppets Wizard of Oz and It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie.

I didn't rank Kermit's Swamp Years as its been too long since I saw it.

Ironically enough, I thought I was the only one who liked MTI from the negativity that stems from it on this forum...
Yes! I saw The Muppets Take Manhattan last night and my mom loved it at least 80% of it, but she started interrupting my movie. I mean, come on, she was supposed to enjoy it, not be a critic. Sheesh! :smile:

GonzoWaltsfan

Reaction score
My list goes like this...

1. Muppet Caper: Has every thing in my opinion, my favorite joke was when Gonzo was taking picturs for money and was asking this one couple if they wanted a picture and the man said his wife was sick and Gonzo says he should have left at her home having Gonzo freak out. Actually, out of all the Muppet films I'd say this one made me laugh the most and had tons of action in it.

2. Muppets Take Manhattan: Good songs, loved seeing all the Muppets together in the finale at Piggy's/Kermit's wedding, gave me a happy feeling. I actually liked Kermit's/Piggy's relationship here and Piggy herself was better than in the other films in my opinion of course.

4. Muppets Treasure Island: I know some don't like the film but I do, Cabin Fever was one of my favorite Muppet songs and I really loved all of the Gonzo/Rizzo scenes, really love that duo. The ending was pretty cool too, all the fights and working together like that. Only thing I don't like is the kid, whos one of the main characters in this film, his voice is just bah!

5. First Muppet film: Introduced all the characters to us, liked a lot of the songs and some fun little action scenes.

6. The Muppets: The only thing I didn't like was Gonzo not being in the finale number, it was pretty good other than that.

7. Muppets From Space: I'm one of the few who enjoyed it, once again loved Gonzo/Rizzo friendship, this film shows how much they care for one another. Every one helping Gonzo, finding out what Gonzo was and the ending. Oh yah, that party was pretty funny too. Wish they just left Piggy out though, her subplot was odd and lets face it she isn't Gonzo's number 1 fan, matter of fact she hates himXD

8. Muppets Christmas Carol: Gonzo/Rizzo scenes are adorable yet funny at the same time, that made the entire film for me. Some of the songs were good too but I didn't like the darkness in this film, some scenes really freaked me out.

Over all, I do enjoy all the films and specials.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
My list goes like this...

1. Muppet Caper: Has every thing in my opinion, my favorite joke was when Gonzo was taking picturs for money and was asking this one couple if they wanted a picture and the man said his wife was sick and Gonzo says he should have left at her home having Gonzo freak out. Actually, out of all the Muppet films I'd say this one made me laugh the most and had tons of action in it.

2. Muppets Take Manhattan: Good songs, loved seeing all the Muppets together in the finale at Piggy's/Kermit's wedding, gave me a happy feeling. I actually liked Kermit's/Piggy's relationship here and Piggy herself was better than in the other films in my opinion of course.

4. Muppets Treasure Island: I know some don't like the film but I do, Cabin Fever was one of my favorite Muppet songs and I really loved all of the Gonzo/Rizzo scenes, really love that duo. The ending was pretty cool too, all the fights and working together like that. Only thing I don't like is the kid, whos one of the main characters in this film, his voice is just bah!

5. First Muppet film: Introduced all the characters to us, liked a lot of the songs and some fun little action scenes.

6. The Muppets: The only thing I didn't like was Gonzo not being in the finale number, it was pretty good other than that.

7. Muppets From Space: I'm one of the few who enjoyed it, once again loved Gonzo/Rizzo friendship, this film shows how much they care for one another. Every one helping Gonzo, finding out what Gonzo was and the ending. Oh yah, that party was pretty funny too. Wish they just left Piggy out though, her subplot was odd and lets face it she isn't Gonzo's number 1 fan, matter of fact she hates himXD

8. Muppets Christmas Carol: Gonzo/Rizzo scenes are adorable yet funny at the same time, that made the entire film for me. Some of the songs were good too but I didn't like the darkness in this film, some scenes really freaked me out.

Over all, I do enjoy all the films and specials.
Your right about the kid as the main character of Jim from MTI. They could of had Robin the Frog as Jim and that crazy talking parrot on his shoulder. That would made the story a little bit stronger.

MCC - Well, the darkness should have been less. If Richard were around, they could had J.P. Groose and Scooter as his uncle. Hmmm... Uncle Deadly (maybe). Like I said, the darkenss have to be less, not too dark. (sheesh!). I do not have the GMC, but I usually watch that film. I LOVE and adore Gonzo's moments. I like moments with the Kermit/Fozzie/Gonzo trio as main characters. Tee-hee!

MTM - I adore this film! It had some great moments too and the Kermit disguises. I thought it was hilarious.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
It's a battle between TMM and GMC, GMC had a better plot, but TMM is a classic, and they both had awesome songs. Though I don't understand why there's negative criticism towards GMC.