Hostess Brands closing for good due to baker's strike

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
I went through a phase where I LOVED Twinkies. I think I got over it once I discovered the chocolate cupcakes.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I alway liked Zingers...and I thought hostess bought dolly madison but I saw a whole shelf of zingers this weekend and it said something different on the label...so I guess they sold some of their assets already awhile back....

DannyRWW

Reaction score
hmmm...maybe I'm wrong because online it looks like hostess still owned dolly madison...perhaps they aren't selling out because no one realizes the connection

mr3urious

Reaction score
It's good to see that at least some of the workers have been re-hired, even though they're no longer part of a union.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Uhh... Twinkies never even really went away... they've been on the shelves all this time, only from different companies and with different names (ala Little Debbie's Cloud Cakes).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Uhh... Twinkies never even really went away... they've been on the shelves all this time, only from different companies and with different names (ala Little Debbie's Cloud Cakes).

That's like saying that Oreos and bargain/generic brand chocolate flavored sandwich cookies are the same. And most of those bargain brands make those cookies taste like sugared dirty.

Debbie's Cloud Cakes, as ersatz a Twinkee they are, have a completely different (and kinda unpleasant) taste and texture. And their ersatz Hostess style cupcakes are hexagonal and not even remotely like a cupcake. I've noticed my local discount supermarket chain had generic versions as well... didn't bother trying them though.

All I want is some sort of pie like the Turtle Pie back. We'll NEVER get that back.

It's good to see that at least some of the workers have been re-hired, even though they're no longer part of a union.
As long as the management isn't as blindly greedy and imbecilic to raise their pay to twice what they saved for doing such a good job at sucking like the last group.

I mean it's like "Why you call Grimlock stoopit? Grimlock genius compare to Hostess CEO."

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I prefer the generic store brand over a lot of the name brand foods. I don't like oreos to begin with though. But I'm not a big one for anything hostess or nabisco anyway.

Fun Fact: I lived about 20 minutes away from a Nabisco factory :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Generic food tends to vary. I once had a very good Lucky Charms knockoff that tasted better than the actual thing. Then I once had generic Frosted Flakes which tasted freaking awfully vial. Like they were made out of some terrible sugar substitute and they used too much of it.

I think I sorta liked Hydrox a little better than Oreos, but I haven't had them since the 3 month period several years back when they brought them back briefly.

You know, they say that Generic stuff tastes the same, but it doesn't. They do indeed have different recipes. I save generic stuff for inedible goods.