Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I always assumed Chris Cooper was dubbed for the finale. But again, it's been so long since I watched this movie.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Chris wasn't dubbed for the finale--he wanders throughout the finale fussing about the muppets singing. He is also shown with Snowths during "Mahna Mahna," smiling and happy to be there.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I hear Gonzo shot all of his scenes while attending the 2010 International Gouda Cheese Festival in Bombay, India. He was then painstakingly blue-screened into every shot by Industrial Light and Magic. That's why we see him in only a few scenes and he doesn't react very much to the environments. :concern: I also hear that Camilla's performance was entirely computer generated due to the complications of a chemical peel that temporarily left her face looking like fried chicken. :cluck: And apparently, it is now a proven fact that if you make a silly face long enough, it will stick that way. :embarrassed:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Not to mention Pepe, who was in Vegas for most of the shooting. I'm not going to go into what he was doing there, but that explains why he has so little to do. And everyone knows that Jason Segel hired the best caterers in Hollywood. Needless to say, Rizzo was 'busy' throughout production. In fact, he lost his voice for a few weeks, apparently from eating some month-old cheese (I have no idea how that works). Meanwhile, Robin had no idea this film was being made until he visited his Uncle Kermit on the set one day (for the scene where he addresses a large crowd of Muppets).

Beauregard

Reaction score
Unfortunately Fozzie was trying to recreate the infamous "Love in a Laudromat" scene from Muppets at Walt Disney World and ended up in a dryer which frizzed and fluffed his hair out to ridiculously clean proportions.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
According to reports, Bunsen lost his glasses before shooting began. Fake glasses were bluescreened in. But for most of the shooting, he walked around the set partially blind, and knocked over pretty much everything around him. And apparently, he mistook Amy Adams' lamp for Beaker. He tried out one of his experiments on 'Beaker', ultimately causing the explosion from the scene where Gonzo destroys his building (it was planned to use stock footage for the explosion). Amy Adams was unhappy with what Bunsen did to her lamp, everybody else was unhappy with the damages they had to pay for, and Bunsen was eventually taken off of the set. Not even Crazy Harry was happy, apparently because he wasn't the cause of the explosion.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Okay--just watching the show (again) and loving it, and I clearly recognized what the Swedish Chef says when he opened the fridge with the disgusting food in it: "Say hello to my little friend...."
hahahaha!
Thank you for clearing that up for me, Ru, because I had no clue what they were saying to the Swedish Chef.. Hehehe! I thought it wsa funny, even though nmy mom it was WEIRD.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
There is a lovely moment with Fozzie, when he goes from expressing his genuine distress and concern about the theater to playing it cool and aloof. My heart just aches for the bear!

Kermit was soooo unbelievably stubborn in not admitting what was wrong, what was missing once he drove Miss Piggy away, and he let down all of his friends rather than admit his own emotional needs. Bad frog! BAAAAAD frog!

Thank GOODNESS all of his friends love him so and forgive him.

(Still watching this about four times a week....)

Also, I wonder how late Kermit stayed up waiting for Piggy to come back to the theater in that sparkly little dress.

And who, exactly, put Kermit and Piggy on the schedule to sing a duet. Piggy obviously didn't do it. Scooter might have done it....