Remembering Jane Henson (1934-2013)

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We just received word that the lovely and talented Jane Henson has passed away. :cry:

Prayers and thoughts are being lifted up for the family especially Jim and Jane's five children: Brian, Cheryl, Lisa, John and Heather. The original 1960's Muppeteers Jim, Jane, Jerry (Juhl), Jerry (Nelson) and Don Sahlin are all together again. Many other beloved family and friends are now reunited as well.

Jane, our lives are better for knowing you and we're deeply blessed by the love and laughter you shared with the world for so many years.

Please share your Jane Henson memories and tributes below. Love the people in your life. Our time on this earth is shorter than we all realize. Every day is a gift.

Jane Henson with her children and grandchildren, 2008.
Front Row (l to r) Declan Finn, Julian Otis, Amelia Henson, Elizabeth Finn, Virginia Otis, Sydney Henson, Katrina Henson, Dashiell Connery, Mia Sara.
Back row (l to r) Edward Finn, Cheryl Henson, Dave Pressler, Lisa Henson, Jane Henson, Heather Henson, Gyongyi Katonah, John Henson, Brian Henson.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
No words can describe the sadness we must be feeling right now. :cry:

RIP Jane Henson
1934-2013​

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
We'll miss her. What a life, what a legend.
Can we get some kind of confirmation?

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :cry:
She will be missed throughout our memories forever.

R.I.P Jane Henson

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was so hoping I was about to read another (albeit cruel) April Fools Day thread, but I guess not.

What a sad loss, I guess her cancer must have been really severe, seems like she was just diagnosed with it, and she's already gone.

Hopefully, she and Jim will be reunited now.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
I was so hoping I was about to read another (albeit cruel) April Fools Day thread, but I guess not.

What a sad loss, I guess her cancer must have been really severe, seems like she was just diagnosed with it, and she's already gone.

Hopefully, she and Jim will be reunited now.
I agree with D'Snowth. Now, Jim and Jane will see their parents, Jerry Juhl, Richard Hunt, and Jerry Nelson again. Looking at that thread makes me feel that we're losing a lot of Henson people. :cry:

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Yes, we have lost a lot of Henson people as of late. They are all aging. The next generation is stepping up. At least the Muppets are in capable hands (or on capable hands :stick_out_tongue:)

Bridget

Reaction score
Mm. That's pretty heavy stuff right there. I am sure this is a very complicated time for the family right now. :frown: