Who is Lionsgate associated with?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, this has GOT to be fake...

I uploaded a Season 30 episode of SST today, and it received matched third party content by "The Real Sesame Street by The Australian Broadcasting Company". What?! I'm thinking about disputing this claim, it seems like complete bull to me.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score

I uploaded a Season 30 episode of SST today, and it received matched third party content by "The Real Sesame Street by The Australian Broadcasting Company". What?! I'm thinking about disputing this claim, it seems like complete bull to me.
Hmm, I don't know if this has anything to do with this but according to Muppet Wiki: "The ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) also periodically broadcasts Elmo's World, Global Grover and Play With Me Sesame, and has exclusive Australian broadcast rights for most Sesame Workshop productions, excluding the Australian version of Open Sesame."

Drtooth

Reaction score

It is. They only AIR the show, they do not own it. That's just as bad as third party content matches from someone who released a video that one time.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It is. They only AIR the show, they do not own it. That's just as bad as third party content matches from someone who released a video that one time.
I'd dispute it, but looking at what has to be done in regards to disputing it, it doesn't look like it would actually help very much, because there isn't an option for you to dispute that the claim was made by someone you don't believe to be the true copyright holder.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Crapamaggot, it happened again! ABC (Australia) claimed another upload of mine.

How can I dispute this? I know legally I don't have actual written permission from SW to upload the content, but they tend to be okay with people like us posting SST sketches, street scenes, inserts, full episodes, etc.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have to ask you.... do they block the videos, take them down, or delete them in any way, or do they let you keep them up?

Cuz if they let you keep them up, I'd just take that as a win.

Still, SW has been inexplicably kind to Sesame Street clip posting since the beginning. They can post the clips themselves in higher quality if necessary, but they haven't acted against it in the 6 or so years people posted anything. it's always been third or fourth party content (I.e. Noggin's ugly logo) that forced these things down.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I have to ask you.... do they block the videos, take them down, or delete them in any way, or do they let you keep them up?

Cuz if they let you keep them up, I'd just take that as a win.

Still, SW has been inexplicably kind to Sesame Street clip posting since the beginning. They can post the clips themselves in higher quality if necessary, but they haven't acted against it in the 6 or so years people posted anything. it's always been third or fourth party content (I.e. Noggin's ugly logo) that forced these things down.
Still, it's the gaul that Australian Broadcast Corporation is claiming they're "The Real Sesame Street" when they're not.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
Sorry to bump this up, but apparently, a Playhouse Disney uploader by the name of OtterFan25 got suspended by Lionsgate for uploading full episodes of Sesame Street, one of which possibly used one of the clips from the special, but I have no idea which one (I was waiting for her to upload some Toon Disney ads).

Drtooth

Reaction score
I freaking hate Lionscrate. Once they release something on DVD that one time, they own it FOREVERS! It took them forever to relinquish the rights to the first 13 episodes of the original Dragon Ball series. Something they released back before 2003 when they were Trimark. It was a real headache for Funimation, that wanted to release it uncut.

And their Youtube conduct is inexcusable! I mean, it's one thing if they released something on DVD that one time... but they go after unrealeased episodes of things they're sitting on the rights to. Even clips... Oh Glob help you if you upload clips.

Real Jerks that think they own everything if it's on one DVD they had out in the past that's long out of print now.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I freaking hate Lionscrate. Once they release something on DVD that one time, they own it FOREVERS! It took them forever to relinquish the rights to the first 13 episodes of the original Dragon Ball series. Something they released back before 2003 when they were Trimark. It was a real headache for Funimation, that wanted to release it uncut.

And their Youtube conduct is inexcusable! I mean, it's one thing if they released something on DVD that one time... but they go after unrealeased episodes of things they're sitting on the rights to. Even clips... Oh Glob help you if you upload clips.

Real Jerks that think they own everything if it's on one DVD they had out in the past that's long out of print now.
I'm not surprised. After all, Warner Music Group has blocked various Muppet videos with music tracks that the company released long before YouTube was invented. Ditto with many of the Disney Afternoon theme songs, apparently.