Favorite Ernie and Bert sketches

Mary Louise

Reaction score
Here’s one that I wish I could find in English:

This is Part Two of a two-part sketch. In Part One, Bert holds up a number 4 and asks Ernie if he knows what it is. Ernie says that it’s a chocolate pie. Bert decides to cut to a film about the number 4 so Ernie can get a clue.

I think the translation of Part Two is something like this:

Bert [holding up the number 4]: Okay, Ernie, now do you know what this is?

Ernie: Yeah, yeah, of course! That’s a cream pie.

Bert: If this is a cream pie [puts down the 4 and holds up a cream pie], then what is this?

Ernie: That? That's a 4! [Laughs.]

[At that, Bert pushes the pie into Ernie’s face.]

Ernie [to camera]: I knew it was a pie. But who wants to be hit in the face with a number 4? Yum! :stick_out_tongue: :frown:

BertsNose

Reaction score
Here’s one that I wish I could find in English:

This is Part Two of a two-part sketch. In Part One, Bert holds up a number 4 and asks Ernie if he knows what it is. Ernie says that it’s a chocolate pie. Bert decides to cut to a film about the number 4 so Ernie can get a clue.

I think the translation of Part Two is something like this:

Bert [holding up the number 4]: Okay, Ernie, now do you know what this is?

Ernie: Yeah, yeah, of course! That’s a cream pie.

Bert: If this is a cream pie [puts down the 4 and holds up a cream pie], then what is this?

Ernie: That? That's a 4! [Laughs.]

[At that, Bert pushes the pie into Ernie’s face.]

Ernie [to camera]: I knew it was a pie. But who wants to be hit in the face with a number 4? Yum! :stick_out_tongue: :frown:

I think I just found it. haha "Who wants to be hit in the face with a number 4?" best punchline ever.

I've been trying to find a favorite Ernie and Bert sketches post for awhile now. Some of my favorites were already mentioned like Ernie writing a shopping list out of chocolate pudding, Bert almost going shopping, the radio knob, what time is it, Fish Call, and Bert "playing" the door.

Other favorites of mine are:

-Bert is Sick
-Ernie's turn to do the laundry
-2 Noses
-the ding along song
-Bert reading about air and Ernie putting the fan on high
-the mysterious nose snatcher

gravy

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this was the first Ernie and Bert sketch I ever watched and that's why it's my favorite.