The Muppets and YouTube.com

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here's Children's Songs and Stories with the Muppets:

It's interesting seeing Frank Oz perform so many incidental characters in something made in 1985, yet none of his main characters appear in the linking footage. All that stuff with the dog who kept having questions was also funny, and I was expecting Rowlf to get really annoyed by the end. It did have a funny pay-off, though.

I wasn't expecting the video to start with the first clip. I thought there'd be linking footage before it starts, but it doesn't. Also interesting how audio from the closing number was used during the end credits, as opposed to the closing theme (or a variation of the theme, like in The Kermit and Piggy Story and Children's Songs and Stories).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Muppet Home Video from Australia.....
I saw this recently and was wondering about it. I know that it's from the Muppet Musicians of Bremen release, and was confused because I rented that one a long time ago and was sure there was no promo before it started (and I'm pretty sure I would have remembered seeing a promo for the other Muppet Home Video releases). I'd like to see a Muppet Home Video promo that includes the Bremen special.

After seeing it was from Star Home Video and that Star didn't distribute them in America, I searched Muppet Wiki for info, but Muppet Wiki doesn't have any info on Star, the the videographies for those specials don't mention the Star release.

That's called Country Music with the Muppets, not Children's Songs and Stories with the Muppets. It's a nice find, though. :smile:
Oops. Though the same person who uploaded it did upload Children's Songs and Stories with the Muppets, though that copy has foreign subtitles, begins with the "Muppet Home Video" logo (instead of the Playhouse Video/Muppet Video sequence), and for some reason that copy doesn't have a title logo (I wonder if it was that way for other foreign releases that included english dialogue). But somebody else did upload Children's Songs and Stories a few years ago, so there's two copies online.

One thing I've been wondering is who performed Rowlf's assistant, Louise? Can't quite tell whose voice that is, guessing Dave Goelz since he performed in other compilation videos and she appears on-screen with characters performed by Jim, Frank, and Richard who also performed in the videos. I also wonder if maybe it was Louise Gold, since she was named Louise.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Hey everyone, that includes you, minor muppetz. I found what all of you should of been looking for. Thanks!

Rugratskid

Reaction score
I know this isn't exactly Kermit and the Gang more than it is SS, but I kinda thought this would be a treat, since it hasn't been aired since like 2002, according to Muppet Wiki. This is the only EW never to be released in DVD.
Sorry about it being in Polish, an English version, is not available at the moment. :laugh: I am STILL hoping for English copy to pop up somewhere.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder what the deal is with the Transportation episode being so rare. A new Elmo's World DVD has recently been out and didn't include it, while the DVD before that one completed all the EW segments not on DVD. It would be great if sesamestreet.org would at least include a clip from this one (depending on whether this episode has something that's making Sesame Workshop not want to release it).

Rugratskid

Reaction score
I wonder what the deal is with the Transportation episode being so rare.
I have NO clue why SS hasn't at least put it on their website. I;m not asking for a DVD release, just a release on Youtube, their website, DVD, or even put it on Amazon. This is the ONLY EW episode not on DVD yet out of the whole series. And sadly, it's one of the best ones from the whole series. And there are pictures of it on Muppet Wiki from Noggin, so there IS a copy still on a VHS that SOMEONE out there has.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have NO clue why SS hasn't at least put it on their website. I;m not asking for a DVD release, just a release on Youtube, their website, DVD, or even put it on Amazon. This is the ONLY EW episode not on DVD yet out of the whole series. And sadly, it's one of the best ones from the whole series. And there are pictures of it on Muppet Wiki from Noggin, so there IS a copy still on a VHS that SOMEONE out there has.
I don't want to bring this thread off-topic, but according to a talk page on Muppet Wiki, the Sprout broadcast of an episode that featured this segment had it replaced with the "Books" episode, so there must be some reason.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here's a "Walt Disney World Memories" video of most of Here Comes the Muppets. Not all of it, but the reason I draw attention to it is because it has some of the pre-show which hasn't been online! There's also a nice shot of the logo in the lobby.