General Muppets Palisades Discussion

Which character would you have wanted to see as a Palisades figure? (Not Mini Muppets)

• Total voters

Hubert

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that is one of the reasons...I think that less Lips made than other figures. I'm pretty sure that all of series 9 had smaller production numbers, though not sure if Lips had even less?

Though the interesting thing I always find is that the other EM musician with 3 variants, Zoot from series 3, also goes very expensive. Does anyone know why this might be? I've often wondered if because there were 3 variants, less of each one were made as opposed to a figure with only one clothing option, though this is purely a guess.

Mister Muppet

Reaction score
I thought that I heard that series 3 had a low production run and I never knew that Zoot had 3 diferent variants I thought there was only two

Hubert

Reaction score
Oops, actually I think you are right. For some reason I was stuck on the mindset that there is the regular light brown one, the dark red one, and a silver one, but now that I think about it, I think there were only two.

I didn't know that series 3 had a low production run, that could be a reason for Zoot's expensive prices then. Though I can't help but wonder why it would be that Scooter, Rowlf, and Lew Zealand aren't as expensive if that's the case.

Mister Muppet

Reaction score
Oops, actually I think you are right. For some reason I was stuck on the mindset that there is the regular light brown one, the dark red one, and a silver one, but now that I think about it, I think there were only two.
Yeah there were only two variants of Zoot you maybe thinking of Lips as ther were 3 variants of him

I didn't know that series 3 had a low production run, that could be a reason for Zoot's expensive prices then. Though I can't help but wonder why it would be that Scooter, Rowlf, and Lew Zealand aren't as expensive if that's the case.
whenever I look for a Rowlf figure they seem to be expensive Sometimes over £100
yet Lew Zealand and Scooter always seem to be less money than Rowlf and Zoot

Hubert

Reaction score
Yeah there were only two variants of Zoot you maybe thinking of Lips as ther were 3 variants of him
Yeah, you're right...for some reason I was thinking there were three of both, when there was really only three of Lips and also Johnny Fiama (which I'm pretty sure do not run at high prices).

whenever I look for a Rowlf figure they seem to be expensive Sometimes over £100
yet Lew Zealand and Scooter always seem to be less money than Rowlf and Zoot
True, Rowlf does seem to be somewhat expensive, at least more so than some figures of that series range.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One thing that's interesting is that whenever figures had a piece of removable clothing, it was always off in the packaging (with the exception of every Swedish Chef figure wearing his hat in the packaging). I wonder why the removable clothes was separate. Other toy lines would have removable hats, glasses, and other clothing on the figures inside the packaging. Did Palisades do this with its other toy lines? The only other toy I can think of that had removable clothes separate in the packaging is I.Q. from James Bond, Jr. (anybody remember that show?) having his glasses separate in the packaging.

Hey Hubert, sorry I didn't read your post earlier.

What I did to earn "Special Thanks" recognition was a job that kept growing while trying to get it done. At some point in 2003, between Series 3 and 4, Ken posted that the lineups for the four series due for release that year were set, though a bit of shifting took place. So he was interested in what lineups fans and people who were buying the figures "might" want to see from S7 onwards. He laid out the rules for you to come up with "at least" four to five full serieses of figures of four figures each, with whatever exclusives and/or playsets you would want. I volunteered to gather all the individual submissions and then organize them into a handy-dandy easy-to-view table format. Each time I thought I was finished, someone else would come up with their ideas that had to be added.
This reminds me, one night during that time I looked at all the characters on wishlists and kept track of how many times each character appeared on a wishlist and who was listed the most-to-least. I no longer have that list. Too bad I wasn't a member of this forum or the Palisades forum at the time (I did sign up for membership of the Palisades forum the week I became a member here, but never got the confirmation e-mail to verify my account). I think of the fan favorites Lips and Uncle Deadly were on the most lists.

Mister Muppet

Reaction score
Does anyone know why series 3 of the Muppet Show figures came with the ordinary Palisades Stand and not the Mupppet Show 25 years stand as they were still celebrating 25 years at the time of release

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Does anyone know why series 3 of the Muppet Show figures came with the ordinary Palisades Stand and not the Mupppet Show 25 years stand as they were still celebrating 25 years at the time of release
I know that they originally planned on dropping the stands altogether for series 3, then suddenly decided to include the different stands instead. After that series 4 and 7 were released without stands.

BobbyBenson64

Reaction score
Just got these from family and friends :

Jim Henson
Adventure Kermit
Blue variant Floyd
Beauregard
Usher Scooter
Dr. Phil Van Neuter
Patrol Bear Fozzie
And Muppet Minis set 1: Thog Mahna, and Sam

BobbyBenson64

Reaction score
My Collection at this point :

Series 1:
Kermit
Piggy
Dr.Bunsen
Dr.Teeth
Muppet Labs with Beaker

Series 2:
Fozzie
Floyd and Variant
Crazy Harry

Series 3;
Scooter
Lew Zealand

Series 4:
Link Hogthrob

Series 5:
Gonzo with Camilla
Muppet Newsman

Series 6:
Clifford
Patrol Bear Fozzie
Swine Trek Bridge with First mate Piggy

Series 7:
Johnny Fiama (Silver Variant)
Beauregard

Series 8:
Movie Usher Scooter
Dr. Phil Van Neuter

Series 9:
Pops with Gaffer

Exclusives:
Tuxedo Kermit
Vacation Fozzie (red shirt)
Super Scooter
Vacation Pepe (Toy fair)
Animal (Killer Toys)
Sweetums
Jim Henson
Uncle Deadly (Regular, and Stepping out)
Muppet Penguins
Invisible Beaker (Give away)
Invisible Fozzie
(sign by Michael Horn) Holiday Rizzo (don't no witch "sleeves" I have I wont open it)
Adventure Kermit
Ghost of Sam Arrow
Cabin Boys Gonzo and Rizzo
Santa Chef

Muppet Minis:

Wave One:
Sam
Thog
Manaha

Wave Two:
Bob Cachet with Tinny Tim
Marley