Questions we may never know the answer

Katzi428

Reaction score
I had to go through all the pages to see if anyone (including myself) had posted this. But no one has. But there was an earlier sketch where Ernie had eaten Bert's ice cream sundae .So he attempted to make a new one out of mashed up bananas, gravy & ice cubes. Bert said he wasn't going to eat that. When Oscar saw it he said excitedly, "My second favorite dessert!" (So what's Oscar's first favorite dessert??)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it was some kind of sundae that included one or more of the following: dill pickles, anchovis, and/or sardines.

cjd874

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it was some kind of sundae that included one or more of the following: dill pickles, anchovis, and/or sardines.
There are some sources that say Oscar's favorite dessert is strawberry ice cream with pickles and sardines. I think it says so in the SS book "See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Smell No Evil," the "Oscar and the number 4" bit by Mel Crawford from the SS Book of Numbers (1973), and the rare audio introduction to "The Grouch Song."

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
There's a little-known Muppet song, where Jerry's character sings "I say wonderful", and Frank's responds "I say YUCK!", and there are little inserts- one shows two Muppet ladies admiring each other's hats, then behind their back going "BLECCHHHH!!!!"
In another insert Mr. Hooper fixes Oscar a strawberry ice cream cone, which Oscar thought was yucky because it had no pickles on it. So there you have it.

cjd874

Reaction score
There's a little-known Muppet song, where Jerry's character sings "I say wonderful", and Frank's responds "I say YUCK!", and there are little inserts- one shows two Muppet ladies admiring each other's hats, then behind their back going "BLECCHHHH!!!!"
In another insert Mr. Hooper fixes Oscar a strawberry ice cream cone, which Oscar thought was yucky because it had no pickles on it. So there you have it.
On YouTube:

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
On YouTube:
Thank you for sharing, cjd874. When I was younger, I thought everything was beautiful. Now, ugh... the world is nothing but conflict. Bleechh! :sigh:

The video however was a good one.

SesameMike

Reaction score
...mashed up bananas, gravy & ice cubes. Bert said he wasn't going to eat that. When Oscar saw it he said excitedly, "My second favorite dessert!" (So what's Oscar's first favorite dessert??)
In the intro to "The Grouch Song" on the Sesame Street 2 album, Oscar says:
Mr. Hooper! A strawberry sundae with pickles and sardines on top happens to be the favorite dessert of every grouch in the world!
Though in that same song, Oscar also describes ice cream "...as yucky as can be." But if you put on the right toppings...