General Muppets Palisades Discussion

Which character would you have wanted to see as a Palisades figure? (Not Mini Muppets)

• Total voters

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Just curious, did Disney ever contact any action figure company to revive the Muppet action figures? Or at least make a new line with more details to the action figures or something just as good as Palisades? Why did Palisades go bankrupt or shut down. I thought they were doing very well with their quality work.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
It's not that Palisades shut down or went bankrupt... It's that they got bought out by a company called Licensed by Cas in February 2006 which effectively ended the company as we knew it.

Hubert

Reaction score
Wasn't Palisades on the verge of going bankrupt though...and Liscenced by Cas pretty much stepped in an attempt to save them, yet failed miserably? That's what I remembered happening...dunno for sure, though.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
That Palisades was on the verge of bankrupcy is possible... But Licensed by Cas never went in to "save" Palisades, Cas bought out Palisades outright, turning said assett into their own entirely new company, so it's not like Palisades would have then continued with their name and brand under new management titling.

Mister Muppet

Reaction score
Hey just wondering what's the least rarest and the most rarest palisades muppet figure excluding exclusives and playsets any info would be apprieciated thanks :smile:

los

Reaction score
Count, where can I find more info on Cas. Just curious on why they bought palisades and not continue any of the work in progress.

Rhys

Reaction score
Hey guys just a quick question, what is a good price for the backstage playset and if u are selling 1 please pm me thanks

Mister Muppet

Reaction score
Hey guys just a quick question, what is a good price for the backstage playset and if u are selling 1 please pm me thanks
Unfortunately there all very high priced and after some ebay searches most i have found are well over 1000 pounds

jvcarroll

Reaction score
The skinny on Palisades is this.

Palisades Toys was a small yet brilliant company that wanted a high-profile flagship license like the successful World of Simpsons line. They looked into Disney and Warner Brothers before agreeing on Jim Henson's Muppets.

The figures transcended the quality of their peers and were a hit with fans and collectors. However, the Muppets never really had a consistent media presence during this time. There were not that many active projects and it became increasingly harder to get retailers interested in the Muppets line. Ultimately the Muppets brought Palisades both professional prestige and financial hardship. For that reason, any other company would have been justifiably reluctant to pick up the series where Palisades left off.

Palisades Muppet figures exist in a special golden moment for fans that is not likely to happen again. At least not on that scale or level of detail. I still hope that Disney produces another Muppets line in the future. It won't likely be like Palisades, but it could still be great.

Mister Muppet

Reaction score
Hey does anyone know why Lips is high priced is it because there was not many made